Mobile P25 Phase 1 and 2 Request for Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

air-scan

I want to request a software that can be ran on mobile devices to trunk track P25 Phase I & II. A app that can trunk track, decode digital voice using a single rtl-sdr dongle.
I believe their is enough processing power in modern devices to handle this. I want this because I don't have a laptop or desktop computer. I don't want to use streams because I prefer to change talk groups and we can't do that listening to people's streams.

It would be great if DSDPlus can be ported to mobile devices. Maybe even OP25.

If there is already a capable Android app that can do it please share a URL link to it in your reply too. Google Play store has nothing that trunk tracks, decodes digital voice using rtl-sdr.

Last edited:

Covack

Premium Subscriber
I have OP25 streaming with Liquid Soap and I listen to my scanner remotely with a free
app called Radiofonic, works great vlc app works fine also

All setup, compliments to Boatbod and Darksky

boatbod

To the OP: I can't speak for others, but I have neither the desire, free time, or sufficient experience with Android to be able to port op25 to that environment.

There are people who have very successfully run op25 in a mobile setting on RPi hardware using small touch-screens. It takes some setup and is certainly going to require being tethered to a 12v power supply, but still more mobile than a laptop.

air-scan

Buy a windows tablet with USB ports - I hear that works with DSD+ single dongle
Any recommendations below $600 new? From Office Depot or Wal-Mart?

I have OP25 streaming with Liquid Soap and I listen to my scanner remotely with a free
app called Radiofonic, works great vlc app works fine also

All setup, compliments to Boatbod and Darksky
I don't like streams. I like to be able to switch talk groups and lockout talkgroups when I want. Streams don't allow it making them draconian and haven't progressed at all from what they are now.

I am not giving up on this request for the development of a Android based P25 Phase I&II decoder that requires only one RTL-SDR dongle.
There has got to be someone out there with a adventurous spirit who has the knowledge and perseverance to take on the task. I'd pay $15 for it if it comes out on Google Play Store!

We have
ADSB decoders
AIS decoders
DRM decoders
No P25 Phase I&II decoder!!

Please!

jerry01

I don't like streams. I like to be able to switch talk groups and lockout talkgroups when I want. Streams don't allow it making them draconian and haven't progressed at all from what they are now.

I am not giving up on this request for the development of a Android based P25 Phase I&II decoder that requires only one RTL-SDR dongle.
There has got to be someone out there with a adventurous spirit who has the knowledge and perseverance to take on the task. I'd pay $15 for it if it comes out on Google Play Store!

We have
ADSB decoders
AIS decoders
DRM decoders
No P25 Phase I&II decoder!!

Please!
Look at this for a tablet,,,,,, that mite work for you...hxxxs://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvuufPWKF3k

a417

<snip>
So you'll draw a line at a $600 mobile device, or a $15 dollar app?!

You can get an raspi enclosure with touchscreen, put a raspi in it, attach a reliable USB dongle (even sneak it inside the case) and put a mag mount antenna on it for less than $100 bucks, run OP25 and you can get exactly what you want. I'll build one for you, then charge you $599.95 ..how's that?

I'd just have to get past all that GPL stuff about profit :ROFLMAO:.

This is seriously a saturday project, you can build one.

DRL-XM43

So you'll draw a line at a $600 mobile device, or a $15 dollar app?!

You can get an raspi enclosure with touchscreen, put a raspi in it, attach a reliable USB dongle (even sneak it inside the case) and put a mag mount antenna on it for less than $100 bucks, run OP25 and you can get exactly what you want. I'll build one for you, then charge you $599.95 ..how's that?

I'd just have to get past all that GPL stuff about profit :ROFLMAO:.

This is seriously a saturday project, you can build one.

The folk I saw discussing it (and I don't remember the thread) spoke about some sort of Acer Win10 tablet with detachable touch screen but the magic was it had 2 full size USB ports. He was running single dongle DSD+ on it with no prob. I believe it was a sub $200 unit because I remember looking it up at the time because I am also interested in an easy to use portable system.

Like I said the spec was on the low side but it apparently worked fine with DSD+ and UT and so forth -

I believe the spec need not be great because I have a 12 year old Acer netbook with an atom and only 1.5 of RAM and it does in fact run DSD+ not bad with the single dongle. I did retro fit it with a tuned down version of Win8 it originally had XP but I got tired of scrounging sw that worked. Also surprisingly win8 yielded the smallest use of resource out of all the OS I tried out on it.

It does do it but it is on tippy toe so I would think the 1.6 mhz multi core with 4 Ram would eat the job.

Last edited:

a417

So why run DSD plus which requires Windows (which in its own right is a resource hog and is driver hell) when the same thing can be done on a Raspi with a TFT in an enclosure running OP25? I currently have an ARM device with 1 GB of RAM running op25 and it cruises along just fine. Ive had this project in the works for a long time, when the supply chains open back up im getting the rest of the pieces for it.

morfis

Ignoring the relatively simple options for building a portable system already given to you.......

There are numerous websites which aim to match developers with clients who need custom software.

You post what you want and they will tell you what it will cost you to have it developed.

There is a less successful model where you say what you want and how much you will pay and hope that a developer likes your offer.

Can't see you getting very much for $15 - to put that into my terms, it's about 10 minutes of my time EXCLUDING the cost of running my buisness (tax, insurance, training, software, hardware etc.). Even someone on the UK National Minimum Wage would only give you about an hour and a half. Could what you want be developed and tested in that time?

DRL-XM43

The folk I saw discussing it (and I don't remember the thread) spoke about some sort of Acer Win10 tablet with detachable touch screen but the magic was it had 2 full size USB ports. He was running single dongle DSD+ on it with no prob. I believe it was a sub $200 unit because I remember looking it up at the time because I am also interested in an easy to use portable system.

Like I said the spec was on the low side but it apparently worked fine with DSD+ and UT and so forth -

I believe the spec need not be great because I have a 12 year old Acer netbook with an atom and only 1.5 of RAM and it does in fact run DSD+ not bad with the single dongle. I did retro fit it with a tuned down version of Win8 it originally had XP but I got tired of scrounging sw that worked. Also surprisingly win8 yielded the smallest use of resource out of all the OS I tried out on it.

It does do it but it is on tippy toe so I would think the 1.6 mhz multi core with 4 Ram would eat the job.

Here is an old thread about it but not the one I spoke of above.

DRL-XM43

So why run DSD plus which requires Windows (which in its own right is a resource hog and is driver hell) when the same thing can be done on a Raspi with a TFT in an enclosure running OP25? I currently have an ARM device with 1 GB of RAM running op25 and it cruises along just fine. Ive had this project in the works for a long time, when the supply chains open back up im getting the rest of the pieces for it.

OP25 is fantastic but there is way more than P25 and DMR to decode - no?

DRL-XM43

He repeatedly made reference to P25 Phase I (&II), which already is covered - at least unencrypted) by op25.

I am by no means making any kind of a recommendation - I am all set myself both in Linux and Win10 sw options and even portability, Mostly because of options highlighted by contributors of this forum who have always been extremely helpful to me and why I now have all options available and working for me - all across the spectrum.

I am sure the requester, who asked about options will also be provided ample opportunity of options/suggestions from which to make a decision - or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.