Mobile PD Precinct 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I see it listed on the MPD site itself, but no Talk Group information at RR. Is it a separate TG or is one of the other ones used?

gulfy32

Hmm that is a good question. Maybe your right, precinct 5 could use one of the other precincts talk groups.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Unless there is a typo in the RR database. Talk Group 16592 is listed as being used by Precincts 2&4, but then 16688 is listed as being used by Precinct 4.

Maybe someone from the area can clarify for us.

I probably won't be down that way until mid June, but if I get time I'll try to listen and sort it out.

ScannerWayne

Hmmm.. Hadn't noticed that the entry in the data base about Precinct 2 and 4 sharing 16952 was still there. Years ago when the system was just coming on-line that was the case. 16952 is strictly Precinct 2 now and has been for about 3 years. I'll submit a change to the database in a minute. Thanks for pointing it out.

Precinct 5 currently shares 16688 with Precinct 4. Same with the Tac channels as well. Tac 4, 18064 is used by both precinct 4 and 5.

Wayne...

Edit: Have submitted the change to the database. Sorry about not catching that years ago...

Wayne...

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the information and the update. I'll change my ARCXt profile to match.

Another question. How are the callsigns broken down? I wasn't down there long enough to figure it out on my own. Well, that and I was listening to more Baldwin County traffic since that's where I was.

Thanks.

Hmmm.. Hadn't noticed that the entry in the data base about Precinct 2 and 4 sharing 16952 was still there. Years ago when the system was just coming on-line that was the case. 16952 is strictly Precinct 2 now and has been for about 3 years. I'll submit a change to the database in a minute. Thanks for pointing it out.

Precinct 5 currently shares 16688 with Precinct 4. Same with the Tac channels as well. Tac 4, 18064 is used by both precinct 4 and 5.

Wayne...

Edit: Have submitted the change to the database. Sorry about not catching that years ago...

Wayne...

wise871

Database Admin
I made the changes. Should I label the Tac Channels to reflect the Precinct usage.
Example: Tactical 1 (Precinct 1), Tactical 2 (Precinct 2), etc

ScannerWayne

Wise871,

You know, that might be a good idea. I just looked at the database entry and it is not clear that the Tac channels are assigned to a particular Precinct. Doing as you suggested would make that clear. Excellent suggestion.

Garys,

I'll have to do some listening to comfirm this: Its' been a while since I've monitored the entire system for any length of time. Usually I listen only to Precinct 1 as that is the one I live in. But in general the following is true:

Precinct 1:
1 through 19A

Precinct 2:
20 through 29

Precinct 3:
30 through 39

Precinct 4:
40 through 49

Precinct 5:
50 through 59

The callsign consists of two parts. The first number coorisponds to the shift, the second to the individual unit. an example would be; 2-19. That unit would work second shift, area 19. If a second unit is assigned to an area then that unit will have an "A" appended to it ( 2-19A).

Sargents will have an "S" or "Sam" inserted after the shift number: 2Sam3 would be the sargent for Precinct 3 working the second shift.

There are others of course and I hesitate to talk about them because I haven't made notes about them. There are traffic units, Tactical units, Special Operations units, Truancy units and a few more that don't readily come to mind as I type this.

Does this help?

Wayne...

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Wise871,
Garys,

I'll have to do some listening to comfirm this: Its' been a while since I've monitored the entire system for any length of time. Usually I listen only to Precinct 1 as that is the one I live in. But in general the following is true:

There are others of course and I hesitate to talk about them because I haven't made notes about them. There are traffic units, Tactical units, Special Operations units, Truancy units and a few more that don't readily come to mind as I type this.

Does this help?

Wayne...

That helps quite a bit. From my limited listening (2 1/2) days, it's a pretty busy system. As I think I said, I was over in Baldwin County and was trying to figure that system out, so Mobile was secondary. Baldwin was in fact pretty easy to figure out for most part, so next time I'm down there, I'll devote more effort to Mobile and Mobile County.

I seem to remember they use some sort of 10 codes, but it didn't seem too complex.

Thanks, Wayne.

Status
Not open for further replies.