MobileTech NXDN Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
I also saw them briefly a week or two ago and no idea who/where they are. If they are on Pulaski, Sandy Creek is a possibility.

k2hz

Database Admin
Most major site CC have shifted to a new channel some of which were voice only. This seems to happen occasionally, then all go back to normal in a day or two. It is a good opportunity to get sites normally covered by co-channel.

k2hz

Database Admin
Most major site CC have shifted to a new channel some of which were voice only. This seems to happen occasionally, then all go back to normal in a day or two. It is a good opportunity to get sites normally covered by co-channel.
That didn't last long! They are rolled back to usual CCs.

k2hz

Database Admin
New TG122 "Base 5" school bus active this morning. No clue who it is yet but it could be Indian River with 7 schools which could be why there is a Base 5.

k2hz

Database Admin
New TG122 "Base 5" school bus active this morning. No clue who it is yet but it could be Indian River with 7 schools which could be why there is a Base 5.
TG 122 appears to be Carthage CSD. They mention "Black River" which is one of 5 schools in that district. Only problem is also heard "transportation says that stop is (?)03 Mill Street". I don't see a Mill Street in the district but there is in Watertown and South Jefferson Districts. But, Watertown City Schools use First Student buses and no "Black River" in South Jefferson. Need more info to submit.

k2hz

Database Admin
TG 122 appears to be Carthage CSD. They mention "Black River" which is one of 5 schools in that district. Only problem is also heard "transportation says that stop is (?)03 Mill Street". I don't see a Mill Street in the district but there is in Watertown and South Jefferson Districts. But, Watertown City Schools use First Student buses and no "Black River" in South Jefferson. Need more info to submit.
It is on S Bristol probably because Mobiletech Shop is monitoring. It is probably actually on Rutland.
This gets more complicated - While Black River School is in Carthage CSD there is a "Black River Estates" trailer park which may be in the Indian River CSD. I just played back my recording and one transmission was "circle back to Black River Estates" for a student pickup.

k2hz

Database Admin
Good Morning All. I do not know if this helps but receiving TG-122 really well this morning on the Rutland Tower here in Ontario Ca. Sorry do not know the area well enough to pinpoint location
Dave
If you get any specific street names it would help. The Black River Estates trailer park is right on the border of Carthage, Indian River and Watertown districts. I see there is a 703 Mill St in the Indian River District but also a Mill St in in Watertown. Indian River may use First Student buses as does Watertown according to their web sites. Carthage has their own buses.

I am also interested in anything you hear on that TG 104 that may be a Town highway department in the Rutland area.

k2hz

Database Admin
Breaking news! Site 40 Hopewell just came up on the NXDN system. I noticed the Site 40 LTR-NET was off the air and the 153.680 CC showed up on area NXDN NLs today. Frequency was quiet until a few minutes ago when NXDN CC came up. Sounds like still testing as it just went off.

k2hz

Database Admin
Major developments on TG122 and the new Indian River CSD TGs! When I was hearing TG122 on S Bristol I was only hearing "Dispatch 5" and not most of the buses. It then disappeared from S Bristol, probably when Mobiletch was no longer monitoring at their shop. I asked @tayridge to see what was heard on the Rutland site.

TG122 and several TGs in the range 124-135 are now regularly active on that site. But, all are now "DE" mode (encrypted).

TG122 has at least 3 dispatchers based on RIDs and, from my observations, may serve more that one school district. It is probably First Student in Watertown. I am going to submit this as "School Buses - Watertown Area". I see no point in attempting to identify districts served since it is now DE and can't be monitored.

TGs 124, 127, 129, 131 and 133 are also DE and appear to be individual Indian River CSD schools based on RIDs. DE TGs 125 & 135 are likely also Indian River but no definitive info yet. We are working on confirming the users and they will be submitted when we are confident of our observations.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I was in Oneida NY yesterday for an errand, so I brought along my SDS100 as well as a laptop w/Fastlane. I drove from one end of the city to the other (North/South) and there was no signal on 153.635 MHz. Despite what the Neighbor Lists and the FCC record shows, I see no signal in Oneida. If I recall correctly, this frequency was added because it was a former LTR site and was spotted on NLs from several other active sites (e.g. Manlius, Rome, Ilion). I am back in the Oneida area on Thursday and might drive out Route 5 towards Wampsville and Canastota for another check. If this doesn't pan out, we should consider dropping this site from the database or ascertaining the real location.

k2hz

Database Admin
Is the site and frequency still on adjacent NLs? If not, it definitely should be dropped. It would be very odd for an inactive site to remain on NLs.
There was a situation where Site 33 Rochester was converted to NXDN, showed up on NLs and was on the air testing for awhile but then it disappeared and the CC frequency was added to nearby new Site 90 and then Site 33 was dropped from the NLs.

Is Oneida Taxi still active? If they are no longer a subscriber the site may have become unnecessary. There would probably be some coverage of Oneida from Manlius and Rome but it would seem an active taxi would need a local site.

Related to inactive listings, I have not heard TGs 5 &6, Kinsella Quarries for a very long time and am thinking of submitting for deletion.

Some sites apparently have been relocated to a new tower in the same area but I have not seen a site # reused at a different area.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
The Oneida site is still listed on the NLs for Manlius, Ilion, and Rome. The Oneida Taxi talk group is also active. Maybe the Oneida site is still in transition or it is running on flea power for a very specific geographic coverage area. I'll check again on my next trip down to Madison County.

Status
Not open for further replies.