mobletech communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peerlessk

I have a question about the system mobiletech communications are there two systems ? nxdn only? or is there another system ? if so im only getting the nxdr . how to I monitor the other system? . im confused all together . how I read the data base is there is two systems of mobiletech communications .

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the system mobiletech communications are there two systems ? nxdn only? or is there another system ? if so im only getting the nxdr . how to I monitor the other system? . im confused all together . how I read the data base is there is two systems of mobiletech communications .
Yes, there are two systems. The old LTR system is being replaced by the NXDN system.

If you want to listen to the old system, then you need to program it totally separate from the new system. The system type is "LTR".

k2hz

Database Admin
The old system is LTR-NET which scanners really can't handle properly but you can get some reception by programming a site as LTR. You also may need to lock out the site Control Channel or the scanner may sometimes "hang" on that channel which generally does not have voice traffic on it.

Also be aware that the LTR-NET system is being phased out and much of the RRDB info may no longer be active.

k2hz

Database Admin
One other issue with monitoring LTR-NET is that TGIDs will be different for each repeater in the system. The TGID format is A-HH-GGG where A is the Area Code, HH is the Home Repeater LCN and GGG is the Group Number. While Mobiletech generally uses the same group number on all sites that is not necessarily true in all cases. The Area Code will be 0 or 1 depending on the code for the particular repeater and the Home Repeater will be an available LCN on that repeater which is assigned on a per-repeater basis.

Forum member DSherier has developed LTR-NET SDRTrunk decoder software that handles these issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.