MoCo 7K AL7K Frequency Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This is not associated with any one freq - it's what is known as a talkgroup. You can think of it as a group of logically related users. You will need a digital trunktracker to hear it (the mode 'D' tells you this).

From your question, I suspect you aren't familiar with trunking. I would start by going to the blue toolbar under the Scanner Master ad, float your mouse over Wiki and select Wiki Homepage In the Links for Newcomers section, read the 'Trunking Basics'.

Digital trunktracker models are linked in the Popular Topics section.

73 Mike

dj0321

So the only way to listen to traffic is for me to have a scanner that supports trunking. Is that correct?

OldsDoug

So the only way to listen to traffic is for me to have a scanner that supports trunking. Is that correct?

Not only trunking, but digital trunking... radio will be in the $500 range... Radio Shack PRO-106 or PRO-197 (or the GRE equivalents), or the Uniden BC396 or BC996.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The 396XT or 996XT will also work, as will the GRE PSR-500 and 600. Yes, expensive. However you might find a 996 or 396 (not the XT models), PRO-96 or 2096 sold as used.

Avoid the BC250 or BC785 - without getting too technical, there are changes coming down the road that neither of these scanners can handle. see the digital trunktrackers link I referred to in my earlier message. You will find lots more information on each scanner there. 73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.