Mode Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.

localknitwits

Is there any benefit to programming the actual mode (NMF, FM etc.). I set my program mode to Auto and seems to be working fine for conventional channels. Starting to work on my optimization for the radio.

BCT15X using Arc Software. Gotta say this thing is great so far.

RF23

Premium Subscriber
Is there any benefit to programming the actual mode (NMF, FM etc.). I set my program mode to Auto and seems to be working fine for conventional channels. Starting to work on my optimization for the radio.

BCT15X using Arc Software. Gotta say this thing is great so far.

Yes, if the default that Auto is using is not really what is being broadcast.

I have an older Bearcat and it defaults to FM on most public safety but today most public safety is NFM and it often made a different in volume and reduced interference to go from FM to NFM.

You might check your owner's manual and see what your BCT15X "Auto" defaults to and then check RR Database to see if what you are monitoring is the same.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I have a BCT15X and all my VHF high and UHF channels are set to NFM. I leave VHF low band on FM. I get zero interference.

localknitwits

Thanks

Thank You,

It makes sense now. I now better understand the auto step size/modulation chart in the easier manual. It looks like (in auto mode) it assigns a step size and modulation according to the frequency band. The band plan is also user editable. I'm going to try out and just plug the modes that are listed on the RR database for my channels. Thanks for the responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.