Mode For Boston CG On 156.8 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,
Not sure what the correct Forum is for this, but I
imagine you folks would know.

What, please, is the mode for the Boston CG (Coast Guard) on 156.8 and 157.1 ?

Maritime comms, in general ?

Thanks, as always,
B. Happy Holidays,

KEWB-N1EXA

Acushnet Heights Radio 740
Hello,

Thanks, as always,
B. Happy Holidays,
FM Normal not narrow Band !

Pete N1EXA

ecps92

At this time, VHF (USA) Marine is will wide-band and FM, not FMN or NFM (depnding on your radio and source) should be used.

Now to add to your confuzzlement, the USCG LMR Nets are P25, and are NFM/FMN [narrow banded]
The LMR Nets are NOT part of the VHF Marine channels.

Hello,

Thanks, as always,
B. Happy Holidays,

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
FM Normal not narrow Band !

Pete N1EXA

Although that is generally a right answer, on some radios or SDR software, it is the wrong. As just one example, if using SDR sharp, the right answer is to use FMN and change the bandwidth of that in the software, the only other choice with that is WFM for FM broadcast stations. Narrrow and Wide in regard to receivers are device dependent.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Maritime VHF is still FM, but is converting over the next few years worldwide to NFM, and is in the process of most likely selecting NXDN digital use. Published several times over the last year or so and is happening. Maritime will probably beat rail in transition to digital for wide use. Want proof? Check out the USCG own publications and website for the new list of chans.

ecps92

With the number of Analog Radios [voluntarily] on-board many boats, IMHO, I am not holding my breathe for a move to digital in VHF Marine

Maritime VHF is still FM, but is converting over the next few years worldwide to NFM, and is in the process of most likely selecting NXDN digital use. Published several times over the last year or so and is happening. Maritime will probably beat rail in transition to digital for wide use. Want proof? Check out the USCG own publications and website for the new list of chans.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
When everything goes to the 6.25 spacing in the not to distant future sorry for your luck Chuck if you don't like digital. European markets are pushing it way in advance of USA. But eventually it's gonna happen worldwide. Then LMR will be forced to follow maritime and just get with the program. In next ten years only aeronautical will still be in the stone age. And that's just due to the logistics. Even American rail can't cry as loud as air can about costs in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.