Moderators letting there job go to there heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

STiMULi

maalox said:
hi... i think we should have a members survey to rate the performance of the moderators jobs.

I bet you wouldn't have told that to your Mom and Dad when you were growing up.

NOT.

The mods do a great job. They are very reactive and 99% of the time right on target. It is a tough job babysitting.

The mods need no more rating than the members do. Like I said before. All you have to do is check out someones posts to see who they are.

Let this thread die.

scnnr

maalox said:
hi... i think we should have a members survey to rate the performance of the moderators jobs.
Oh for Goodness sakes "NO" Moderator Performance rating and whatever else that is part of their job, is the job of the owner of this site "Lindsay" and no one else's.

Come on now people, lets not turn this into another pissing match. :roll:

Randy

Well spoken, Lindsay. Based on what I've observed over the short time I've been here, you're spot-on in your analysis of this incident.

From what I've seen on this website (a high-quality resource for scannists and others), that limit is set pretty far out (that's what has made this site what it is). That means that the number of dissatisfied customers is most likely small. Even so, no matter how far you go, you will *never* placate everyone amongst 80 kilomembers. Thus, in order to respect your own humanity, there has to be a limit as to how far you'll go in trying.

Basically, I subscribe to the attitude "if you don't like it, you aren't bound to be here... we suggest that you avail yourself of your freedom and go." If I wasn't happy, I certainly wouldn't expect you to coddle my freeloading rump.

For the fellow who suggested a poll, take note: this site, like the USA, is not a democracy. In other words, any such poll would be irrelevant.

:)

[My expressed views are my own and do not necessarily represent those of RR.com.]

Chrome69

Premium Subscriber
OMG, and i know i am one of those 10 people Lindsay's talking about but this thread is becoming a joke... I would still like to see at least a thread in the for sale area get locked down once posted... Think it would be to much work to allow editing for the seller...

As for the Moderators... They are fine... Stop *****ing like a bunch of little babies.. And this is someone that has had his fair share of issues on this board...

dangitdoug

maalox said:

Then what? Are we going to hold elections for Mods? Are we going to hold recalls for those that are not popular? I live in California, :The Land of Recall" Let's not bring such silliness to this website. Lindsay has enough to deal with without worrying about monitoring surveys for the purpose of slamming Mods. If you don't like the way this website is run, stay off it. Relax, it's only a website!

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
:roll: I'm not sure what about following the forum rules we don't understand. But for such a large group of supposed adults, we do seem to wander off the path and get lost in the woods an inordinate number of times. Someone has to put us back on course, and if it takes an occasional kick in the rear, so be it.

That being said, there must be some reason that I just fail to grasp as to why people continually make comments about a seller's ad in the For Sale forum?

hoser147

It has been my experince and what I have seen of the Moderators and there actions on 99% of issues pertaining to the rules have been good calls and right on the money. We all have moments and sometimes do the wrong thing when trying to do it right. Good Job by the staff and lets keep things going for the good of RR. We dont need the sliceing and dicing of every little thing. To all treat people as you want to be treated and everything will go much smoother, however there are a few how want to slam people constantly on here and it is getting old, and pushing potential members away. Lets keep it going in the right direction and have a good day..........Hoser147

D

DaveNF2G

I understand Lindsay's reluctance to add more functions to the forum software. He's already done a tremendous amount of work on this site, and will be doing a lot more.

However, I think Brian Chrome69's suggestion has merit. Maybe the For Sale forum should be set to No-Reply or whatever the phpbb equivalent is. It might seem like a concession to immaturity (OK, so it is), but it might prevent a lot of grief in the long run.

Just my 2 cents, adjusted for inflation.

mciupa

I've noticed that the forums with the most moderation are RR Tavern and the Equipment for Sale area . (co-incidentally the most viewed, at any given time)
The Uniden and RadioShack forums see heavy traffic ,yet not the "lockage" of the the former forums.:confused:
I'm suprised that people don't see locking of threads as a deterrent for any future mis-cues.

Most locked threads have a reasonable explantion as to why the action was taken. They are not "letting the job go to their heads" , they are only keeping things on an even keel :)

car2back

blantonl said:
Seriously, it is like 10 or so people out of the 80,000 members here who constantly complain about everything!

lol, We call them "frequent flyers" where I work :D

Seriously though, I have had to deal with LouMagg on a couple of occasions, and each time he was right on track. If he's calling you out on something, have you stopped to think maybe YOU were the one in the wrong? Of course that couldn't be the case :lol:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
horse.gif

:)

dic

It is reassuring to see that I am not the only person who has has found a certain moderator to have a confrontational attitude quite recently. The last private message I received from him (which I did not and will not respond to) nearly caused me to resign my membership.

I have a question:
If more than one person finds a certain moderator to have "politeness issues", is it not POSSIBLE that the those members might actually have a LEGITIMATE point and should not be categorized as the "10 people who complain about everything?"

Where there is smoke there is (most often) fire.

I have been a member of this board for five years, and have NEVER COMPLAINED ABOUT ANYTHING!
Until now.

That is my one cent's worth.

Dic
N1XBA

P.S. I have chosen to no longer particpate on the board in question.

Last edited:

ReceiverBeaver

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
And for the record, I tire of seeing the "80,00" member thing kicked around. Sure 80,000 has registered at some time or another but the number of folks who currently post in the forums is....far less shall we say? Any member who never posts is invisable and doesn't really count.

ReceiverBeaver said:
And for the record, I tire of seeing the "80,00" member thing kicked around. Sure 80,000 has registered at some time or another but the number of folks who currently post in the forums is....far less shall we say? Any member who never posts is invisable and doesn't really count.

About that 80K thing... go to member list at the top. Sort by post count then list them... go to the last page (172) 30 per page except 29 listed on the last page that equates to 5159 members. now you will find that the a great many will have a post count of < 10.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
ReceiverBeaver said:

While we are on the record, ReceiverBeaver, I tire of people who:

1. Post to complain just for the sake of complaining. What else could we describe as the above post.

2. Thinking that the web site revolves around the forums, only the forums, and nothing but the forums.

3. Someone who's "contributions" to the forums consist of 90% posts in the RR Tavern, which means you spend 90% of your time here talking about off topic items.

4. Someone who has not once, ever, submitted a single thing to the database for the benefit of the rr community.

For someone who is so critical of the moderation staff, the admins, and how things are managed around here, you sure seem more "sure footed" about your position than you really are. Oh, and did I mention that we provided you a forum for your rantings and dead-horse destruction for free?

The things that make you go hmm....

namrats

This forum

Im a new guy here and I cant help but chuckle at what I see as whining at petty issues. I look forward to reading my "entertainment" du jour...its comical. I belong to another forum and invariably things occasionally deteriorate to "my machine is better than your machine" type of entries until the forum owner comes and slaps a few hands. On another forum there was a "new" rule by the owner and right out of the chute he told everyone that there would be NO discussion NOTHING said or mention of the unmentioned new rule or words to that effect.

To those of you who think things are "unfair" and to those of you who think that some administrators have become "fat headed" or "cocky/arrogant" I say.......no problem here are your choices: Do not log on here any more and/or start your own website and run it as you see fit. We know it will be a perfect website where everyone wil lbe very happy.

Finally I want to thank everyone from the top(Lindsay?) to the bottom (me the newer guy) for a fine website and thank you for the time you spend monitoring it. This is more fun than the cartoon page :)

Gilbert

bluesman905

Chrome69 said:
Having said that Wilf, you seem to stick your nose where it doesn't belong so your just as guilty of doing this.. So you may feel your a victim. You should read the rules, as I remember you and Bluesman905 sticking your nose in my business when i got sold a dead radio and you guys didn't know the whole story... I don't feel its right that that person posted that your prices where to high even if they are.

I was going to inquire as to what I have to do with this thread or the *****fest against the moderators, but never mind chrome.

cry20baby.jpg

Give it a rest man......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.