Moderators -- what happened to the "Citizen SIGINT, anyone?" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Do you mean this?

KB2GOM

Do you mean this?

Tried clicking; tried opening in new tab, got this:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

But, yes, that is the thread I am referring to.

I get the same thing if I click on the "View this thread" link from my email notifications.

fredva

Feed Provider
Was it moved to Tavern Forums? It started off here in General Scanning Discussion, and I received no notification that it had been moved.
Yes, it now resides in the Tavern under Off-topic Wireless. Apparently the moderators thought that was a more appropriate place for it.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Yes, it now resides in the Tavern under Off-topic Wireless. Apparently the moderators thought that was a more appropriate place for it.
This seems like a glitch where the person that started the thread cannot participate in it any longer.
Possibly due to the OP being a new member with a low post count in this case.

Last edited:

KB2GOM

So now, apparently, I have to become a premium subscriber to participate in my own thread?

This seems sub-optimal to me.

And it doesn't seem off-topic to me at all; doing Citizen SIGINT is another purpose to which scanners could be applied. Who know what might be discovered?

kruser

Premium Subscriber
So now, apparently, I have to become a premium subscriber to participate in my own thread?

This seems sub-optimal to me.

And it doesn't seem off-topic to me at all; doing Citizen SIGINT is another purpose to which scanners could be applied. Who know what might be discovered?

It could be that you don't have access due to your post count being so low and recent join date.
I'm not certain on that but I know several things are restricted until you get up to a certain amount of posts and this could be one of those things.

Status
Not open for further replies.