Modesto PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

crayx

Premium Subscriber
Does Anyone Know Why Modesto PD Has Started Using 151.115 For Dispatching? Anyone Know The Status of The New Radio System For Stanislaus County? Thanks

kma371

QRT
I just got some further clarification. Modesto PD (MPD) has transitioned fully to the trunked system. They are leaving the old UHF dispatch channel active for now. Previously, Sheriff's Office patrol monitored MPD via scanner on their UHF dispatch channel. Since that won't be around much longer, dispatch has patched MPD traffic to the county interop 151.115 so they can continue monitoring them.

Fire agencies, Ceres and Turlock still have a way to go is my understanding. Talkgroups have been assigned to those agencies however, so their transition is still the plan.

MotownJG

Premium Subscriber
As of today I can still use the 400 Mhz channels but I'm hearing that won't last much longer.
I have also heard that the VHF interop will last a while longer after the switchover.

What's a basic scanner that will pickup Apco25 phase I?

kma371

QRT
As of today I can still use the 400 Mhz channels but I'm hearing that won't last much longer.
I have also heard that the VHF interop will last a while longer after the switchover.

What's a basic scanner that will pickup Apco25 phase I?

For Uniden's, I'd recommend the 396XT or 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.