Modified Panavise Indash Mount and UltraGrip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellotor

I modified a Panavise in dash mount for my Jeep Grand Cherokee by having a friend cut me a piece of stainless steel as an extended plate and fastened it between the in dash mount and the UltraGrip. It keeps the second scanner close by and is actually quite sturdy. Total cost for the mounting, around $75 CDN.

...sorry, no other pictures of the Jeep...it needs to be cleaned.

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 894

denseglow

I'm assuming scanner are legal to have in vehicles in Canada? My dad lives in Marine City (near Sarnia) and I wanted to take it over the border but wasn't sure what the laws were.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Looks good Graeme. I would like to get a mount as well for the van they work great.
Take care

jellotor

Thanks Ron. Check out the local cell installers for Panavise stuff. I found a Rogers guy in Stoney Creek who was quite willing to sell me the indash mount and the UltraGrip.

The UltraGrip is nice since it's adjustable for both height and width. It holds a BC250D/296D almost perfectly (some height adjustment required in order to get access to the power and remote connectors) but works less well with the BC246T due to the function button on the side.

Yes, it's legal to choogle around with scanners in yer vehicle in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.