Modify a Scantenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

Some time back, I (think) recall reading that someone 'tweaked' their scantenna to improve reception on 800 mhz. Tried searching for it but came up empty.

Can anyone shed any info regarding this, or point me in the right direction?

thanks.

Amp

ppremc

Premium Subscriber
I don't know anything about tweaking a scantenna. I use a scantenna and was experimenting with it and I mounted a RS 800 mh antenna on the square tubing along with a two way catv splitter and it works fine.Picks up 800 along with the rest of the frequencies.

ampulman

I don't know anything about tweaking a scantenna. I use a scantenna and was experimenting with it and I mounted a RS 800 mh antenna on the square tubing along with a two way catv splitter and it works fine.Picks up 800 along with the rest of the frequencies.

Reading your reply stokes my memory. I believe that I read your comment re: RS 800 antenna in a previous thread.

I don't currently own an ST-2, but am considering getting one. Can I assume that the 800 is just physically attached to the 'boom' with coax combined (via splitter) to the ST-2?

Interestingly, since I get very good all-around reception with an RS 800, I was thinking about putting one in my attic. I could gain about 20+ feet in elevation.

Amp

ppremc

Premium Subscriber
Yes,It is mounted it on the boom. I mounted the splitter to the boom and the 800 is directly connected to the splitter and encapsulated and weather sealed. The other side of the splitter connects to the scantenna. I have 35 ft. of height.

Status
Not open for further replies.