Modify Scanner Mobile Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

daysand

I have a Radio Shack Model: 20-032 | Catalog #: 20-032.
Magnet Mount Mobile Scanner Antenna.

Is there anyway I can Modify the Antenna to improve the 800 and P-25 receptions?

Would adjusting or shortening the lengths, between the 2 loads on the antenna help any?

aps_ak

Premium Subscriber
I took out the middle section and run it with FM trap, Attentuating some signals. Works fine with 800 MHz, great on 400 but not as good as I thought on 120-130 aviation bands...

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone

Hmmmmm... I guess I might qualify as a "True Fanatic" as I just checked the measurements of my RS Mag Mounts and came up with those exact measurements. {VB GRIN!} (The reason for the plural of Mag Mounts is that I keep one in all of our vehicles {6} and use 2 for my `base' antennas. [My daughter has a couple scanners in her room and it just didn't make sense to try and string a line from where my antennas are.]) BTW, one good source for elements 1 & 2, counting from the top is one of those *long* CB antennas one can usually find for cheap at Flea Markets. (Make yourself a `quicky' gage by grinding a slot in a washer with a cutoff wheel that just fits element 1 on your antenna and remember to take it with you so that you can check before buying. {WAN GRIN!})

Status
Not open for further replies.