Yaesu: Modulation Meter / Software for Yaesu FT-991A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I have an Yaesu FT-991A and I would like to be able to "see" my modulation displayed since the FT-991A doesn't even have a VU meter. Is anyone aware of a plug in meter or software program that would connect via USB that would allow this. I also find it odd that the FT-911 allows me to set my mic EQ, but doesn't give me any way to hear what the change would sound like.

Thank you,
Steve - KK6FPE

vagrant

ker-muhj-uhn
Premium Subscriber
I borrowed a friends 991 a few years ago and I'm pretty sure there is an option to listen to the TX audio changes. It's probably like my Kenwood radios and you may need to engage a monitor button to hear yourself. I used headphones to listen to the difference as I made adjustments. Do a search on the 991A PDF manual for the word monitor. I'll bet you find what you need to do.

As for observing the modulation, it's easy on my 897D with a button on the front to select it. It would seem odd for them not to have something on the 991A, but maybe they left it off. I personally rarely use it, as there are other things I want to see when transmitting, but we're all different.

Hmm...perhaps I should sell my 897D and pick up a 991A.

Status
Not open for further replies.