moible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcspiderman

If not right place please put in the right place.

I have a blackberry storm when I listen to scanners it always 2 -3 mins behind anyone know why?

N2JDS

What are you using to monitor? I use bbscanner.com application, and see at least a 45 second delay, mostly because the app uses the blackberry built in player, and that has a buffer that is predefined.. Does it do the several minutes every time? Also I wonder if your feed provider has a buffer set on their end. Is there as much delay is there when you monitor through a computer?

N2JDS

You can try it out for I think a week for free, and then it cost $4.99 to register. You won't find a better app for blackberry that I know of. The guy that is writing it is great at doing updates and continues to make a good app even better every day.
BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Home for the main site
BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Download for download info
BBScanner.com: Listen to police and fire scanners on your BlackBerry - Register for purchase info

You will still see some delay, I've never found a BB application that streamed with less delay.

Feel free to keep looking though, but I've not found an app better than this one.

Good luck, if you need help, Gordon ( the guy that wrote appication) is very prompt at helping peole with problems. Check the Forums BBScanner.com • Index page and you'll see how the app has progressed and how many updates he makes literally weekly.

Status
Not open for further replies.