• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MOL Account URL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gmork

I haven't used my MotoTRBO CPS in probably 8 months. When I try to open the software I get an error "1646". I am suspecting my license is expired. Can someone provide me the URL to access my MOL Account? I have one, I just cannot locate in my bookmarks.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I haven't used my MotoTRBO CPS in probably 8 months. When I try to open the software I get an error "1646". I am suspecting my license is expired. Can someone provide me the URL to access my MOL Account? I have one, I just cannot locate in my bookmarks.
CPS doesn't expire, your problem is a Windows system one. Google that error code and you'll see it's been dealt with before.

Gmork

That is where I got confused because the training site had merged or left to a different site. I didn't think I was going crazy.

Gmork

I was able to log-in and re-download CPS 16. I am still receiving the error. I un-installed it, re-installed to have the same error. I am still working on it. Windows 10 is absolute garbage.

Tech21

I was able to log-in and re-download CPS 16. I am still receiving the error. I un-installed it, re-installed to have the same error. I am still working on it. Windows 10 is absolute garbage.
As a windows 10 user and a user of CPS 16 and 2.0, it works fine.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
Windows 10 has been rock solid, ASTRO25, APX, TRBO CPS all running flawlessly since the first release candidates. Not one BSOD in 40 months, and only a couple (related to legacy drivers that had nothing to do with M software) since RC1.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Install CPS as an Administrator. Then run it as an Administrator. You can set the shortcut to always run as Admin as well.
That's totally unnecessary. I've run multiple releases of APX CPS on Win 10 x64 going back to 2015, and have never had an issue with it and have never had to install or run as administrator. Never.

Gmork

Install CPS as an Administrator. Then run it as an Administrator. You can set the shortcut to always run as Admin as well.

I did that, still getting the same error message. This was after uninstalling everything from CPS to RM, restarting and installing as admin. CPS doesn't work and neither does CPS 2.0 which I've never used actually. 2.0 gives me the error message "#28079, unable to retrieve info from the host machine of the RM server".

Ironically I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop with Win10 and CPS opens just fine.

I am still working on it.

K9RPL

That's totally unnecessary. I've run multiple releases of APX CPS on Win 10 x64 going back to 2015, and have never had an issue with it and have never had to install or run as administrator. Never.

In my early efforts with CPS I kept having trouble running it unless it was running as Admin so I've been doing that ever since on all my machines. Not saying that's fixed anything, just that I've run into that before and running in Admin "seemed" to help. Glad to learn it really isn't required.

redbeard

OH, PA, WV Regional Admin
Database Admin
I see recommendations while googling that mention uninstalling then editing the registry to remove all mention of CPS.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Whenever I uninstall I use IOBit Uninstaller, it has a residual file removal checker that will grab the leftovers. Then I run CCleaner and its combined registry cleaner to remove any remaining leftovers then restart. Theres always plenty of motorola bits leftover

Status
Not open for further replies.