Money paid to customize programming in my BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

emgdispatcher

Good afternoon, My name is Jim.
I have been a scanner enthusiast for the last 40+ years. I own 2 BCD536HP scanners. One in my Tahoe and one in my house. My guy who does my programming for me is no longer interested in doing it. I have studied, watched YouTube videos and everything I can possibly do to learn on my own how to program my scanners. I do have the Uniden Sentinel programming software both on my desktop and laptop and of course the cable. I am just not able to figure out how to program these radios. You must need a college degree or something to program these things. I reside in Creve Coeur Missouri and would be more than happy to pay anyone who knows about the programming on these units to straighten out the programming, add delays, remove the encrypted slater system, duplicate Point to Point and if possible, program it to tone alert on first alarms for my nearest firehouse. I would be happy to come to you or you are more than welcome to come to my home. If anyone is interested, or know anyone who would be please let me know. My cell number is: (314) 575-6800 and my email is: emergency.dispatcher@yahoo.com
Thanks so much, Jim

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Good afternoon, My name is Jim.
I have been a scanner enthusiast for the last 40+ years. I own 2 BCD536HP scanners. One in my Tahoe and one in my house. My guy who does my programming for me is no longer interested in doing it. I have studied, watched YouTube videos and everything I can possibly do to learn on my own how to program my scanners. I do have the Uniden Sentinel programming software both on my desktop and laptop and of course the cable. I am just not able to figure out how to program these radios. You must need a college degree or something to program these things. I reside in Creve Coeur Missouri and would be more than happy to pay anyone who knows about the programming on these units to straighten out the programming, add delays, remove the encrypted slater system, duplicate Point to Point and if possible, program it to tone alert on first alarms for my nearest firehouse. I would be happy to come to you or you are more than welcome to come to my home. If anyone is interested, or know anyone who would be please let me know. My cell number is: (314) 575-6800 and my email is: emergency.dispatcher@yahoo.com
Thanks so much, Jim
Jim,
You probably would be better off having your thread moved to the Missouri forum. There, you're more likely to find someone familiar with the systems in your area, and easier 'meet up' with them, if not face to face, at least via Zoom, Skype, or one of the apps.

To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Jim, if at all possible, try to buckle down and really focus and learn how to program your scanner yourself. What better way to learn the radio, how to operate it, how to quickly navigate the menu and make your own custom changes. You'll be glad you did. A few years ago I decided to get back into scanning after a couple of years hiatus and bought the BCD436HP and I got so frustrated with it I gave up and ended up sending it back to Scanner Master for a refund. Had a lot going on back then and could not focus. Then, I got mad at myself and went out and bought the 536, a TRX-1, and a WS-1065 all at the same time, bound and determined to learn the radios, program them myself, and get back into it. Took me a while, but I am so glad I did. Take your time and study on it like night school or something. You'll get it, and you'll be happy scanning before you know it. If this old dog can do it, anybody can, believe me...

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the above. . .

Reminds me of when I was a child. I really had difficulty learning how to tie my shoes. Eventually I finally got it. Now I don't give it much thought.

No one ever ruined a scanner with bad programming. You can simply go back to what worked and try it again. Give yourself permission to make a mistake - we all have and still do.

You can get with Scannermaster and they can program up an SD card for your county, for a fee. If nothing else, it gives a good example of what things should look like.

danesgs

Ditto to all the above. I also came from old school radio. My first DMA type scanner hurt my head until i slowly grasped the concept of what was really happening. As Tailgator911 said. You will be glad took some time to learn. I never thought I could do a lot of things in life but I did and was proud of myself afterwards. Go for it! We never stop learning.

emgdispatcher

Jim,
You probably would be better off having your thread moved to the Missouri forum. There, you're more likely to find someone familiar with the systems in your area, and easier 'meet up' with them, if not face to face, at least via Zoom, Skype, or one of the apps.

To do that, do not create a new thread. Instead, click on the Report in the lower left corner of one of your posts, and request that a moderator move your thread to the state forum. Someone in the area would be more likely to see it there.
Thank you so much. I have requested that it be moved to the Missouri Forum as you suggested. Thanks, Jim

emgdispatcher

Ditto to all the above. I also came from old school radio. My first DMA type scanner hurt my head until i slowly grasped the concept of what was really happening. As Tailgator911 said. You will be glad took some time to learn. I never thought I could do a lot of things in life but I did and was proud of myself afterwards. Go for it! We never stop learning.
Excellent! Thanks so much for your response. Jim

emgdispatcher

I agree with the above. . .

Reminds me of when I was a child. I really had difficulty learning how to tie my shoes. Eventually I finally got it. Now I don't give it much thought.

No one ever ruined a scanner with bad programming. You can simply go back to what worked and try it again. Give yourself permission to make a mistake - we all have and still do.

You can get with Scannermaster and they can program up an SD card for your county, for a fee. If nothing else, it gives a good example of what things should look like.
Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it. Jim

emgdispatcher

Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it. Jim

emgdispatcher

Jim, if at all possible, try to buckle down and really focus and learn how to program your scanner yourself. What better way to learn the radio, how to operate it, how to quickly navigate the menu and make your own custom changes. You'll be glad you did. A few years ago I decided to get back into scanning after a couple of years hiatus and bought the BCD436HP and I got so frustrated with it I gave up and ended up sending it back to Scanner Master for a refund. Had a lot going on back then and could not focus. Then, I got mad at myself and went out and bought the 536, a TRX-1, and a WS-1065 all at the same time, bound and determined to learn the radios, program them myself, and get back into it. Took me a while, but I am so glad I did. Take your time and study on it like night school or something. You'll get it, and you'll be happy scanning before you know it. If this old dog can do it, anybody can, believe me...
I will continue to try. Thanks so very much for your reply. Have a great weekend! Jim

emgdispatcher

I will continue to try. Thanks so very much for your reply. Have a great weekend! Jim

emgdispatcher

MacDon

Premium Subscriber
Good luck with SLATER, all of STL County and City are encrypted and St. Charles County is next. As far as point to point goes, my mid 90's BCT 7 still monitors 155.3700. During the last snow storm the STL counties including Franklin and JeffCo had that frequency tied up in addition to MSHP. I use the TRX-1 and the programming software is simple enough. I would recommend contacting ScannerMaster.com to have them program your scanner or start out with local systems like MOSWIN that are not fully encrypted (yet) and spend time figuring out what works best for you.

emgdispatcher

Thanks for your reply. Yes, point to point was extremely busy the day of the snow. I do monitor St. Charles city, county and all of the towns out that way since I am no longer to get St. Louis County and City PD. i and am very sorry to hear that they are working on encrypting those freq's. Thanks again and have a great day and a fantastic weekend! Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.