Mongomery County 47PD on Trunk System

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioguy17

It appears that Montgomeryville 47PD are now on the trunk system. West Zone TG 1712 PD North West

At least they were heard there Saturday afternoon.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
It appears that Montgomeryville 47PD are now on the trunk system. West Zone TG 1712 PD North West

At least they were heard there Saturday afternoon.

Just saw this and tuned in to the NW Dispatch talkgroup. First five calls I heard were 47 units. Looks like they're still there.

SCPD

QRT
I just was listening to 47 cars on the NW Disp on trunk system. Why are they on NW Disp they should be on NC Disp. When is Lower Merion going on to the trunk system? Is Upper Merion going to trunk system or they still enecrypted??

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
On January 18th, the Montgomery County Communication and Technology Committee had their regular meeting. Here is an excerpt from their meeting minutes...

RADIO ZONE REALIGNMENT
A final draft proposal for Radio Zone Realignment was completed at the meeting. As reported several months ago, the County felt that an “average minutes per month per radio zone” should not exceed 5000 minutes. Presently, the Committee has developed a plan for 12 radio zones with one zone estimated to use 4100 minutes per month with the remaining zones using less than 4100 minutes per month. We need to move forward with the trial period. After a year, we can reevaluate the situation. The County needs the zone configurations to prepare the templates for the rebanding. The Chiefs will be notified when the realignment will become effective.
North Coventry Township in Chester County has contracted with Montgomery County DPS to dispatch their police calls. This will occur starting on March 13, 2012. They are currently dispatched by Pottstown PD. North Coventry is currently a member of CMERT and works with members of police agencies in the SW, Zone PD-2.
(2)
A tentative schedule for departments to transition over to County dispatch is Montgomery Township on January 30th, Lower Merion on February 6th with Upper Dublin and Lower Providence sometime in April.

JJ

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Just saw this and tuned in to the NW Dispatch talkgroup. First five calls I heard were 47 units. Looks like they're still there.

Also, I heard 47 PD units working on their old VHF channel last night with car to car chatter. They were referring to the channel as their "township channel".

SCPD

QRT
OK what is Lower Merion PD going on what region ? That mean that Lower Merion PD is swiching over today? Is Norristown PD staying that same are they going on Region 8? That mean Upper Merion still going to be the same.

Thanks

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
Lower Merion's trial period was scheduled to start today. I cannot confirm if this actually went through as planned. The trial period included LMPD units is being dispatched from personnel at the Eagleville 911 center. Its unknown if a GE base/mobile is being used at Eagleville with a yagi pointed toward Roxboro or if a tone remote using some type of connectivity, verizon leased line or microwave, is tieing in the Eagleville console to the LMPD base in Ardmore.

I believe from the notes I have Norristown and Lower Merion will have their own zone for each department. Upper Merion has paid it's self-dispatch dues until 2013. After that its anyone's guess what will happen with the UMPD police dispatch.

JJ

jjimenez01

Premium Subscriber
Correct, LMPD is still using their EDACS system. There has been no discussion about leaving their UHF trunked system. Although the FCC ULS is showing their license is still in wideband...

JJ

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So then it begs the question, at least with north coventry, if they will remain encrypted when they switch over to county dps. And same thing with upper merion if and whwn they switch.

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
Any new news since the radio realignment post that was made and how on track/time things still are?..just curious since this threads been quiet for awhile now.

SCPD

QRT
The latest update on fire is that all of the high band fire company switch over to .355 dispatch the only company that are still did not switch is lower merion fire and 27,46 I do not know when they are going to switch over.Then for police i still did not know if North Coverty PD switch over yet? if so i did not hear anything yet.

phillydjdan

The latest update on fire is that all of the high band fire company switch over to .355 dispatch the only company that are still did not switch is lower merion fire and 27,46 I do not know when they are going to switch over.Then for police i still did not know if North Coverty PD switch over yet? if so i did not hear anything yet.

So to clarify, everyone but Lower Merion, Norristown and Jefferson have switched over to 158.355 full time? So does this officially bring an end to 154.130 being used for dispatches? I haven't been checking with my scanner lately, but is there a PL tone on 158.355 full time yet? I know awhile back it was hit or miss. Just want to have accurate info so I can take channels out of my scan list, etc. Thanks

cdavisjr

Premium Subscriber
The last I heard from people who would know is that the county was going to keep the default 136.5 p/l tone for it but wasn't applying it to .355 till everyone was on that channel. As far as Lower Merion I don't know if they would stay on their highband channel or move over also. Heard rumors and read studies recommending that the county have county run highband 800 repeaters so in case that comes down the road, anything old and highband I personally would keep till I see it come off the fcc licenses.

phillydjdan

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; SCH-R720 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I see. Thanks for that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.