Monitor Causing Birdies

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalanalog

I recently started getting serious Birdie problems with one of my scanners.

Could not figure out why, my scanners have almost always been next to my monitor(s) for years and I have never had an issue with it.

Ready to toss a scanner out the window.

I noticed if i Bump the monitor the Birdie would go away for a split second, so I reached behind the monitor and noticed the cable was alittle loose so I tightened the two thumb screws that hold the HD cable into the back of the monitor.....Problem solved, Birdies Flew Away.

Loose HD cable on monitor CAN cause Birdies if your scanner is close to the monitor.

..........FYI..........

puzzleriddle

Simply try moving the scanner(s) a few inches either way & prob fix .. I had similiar problem one had "gone deaf" I simply moved it to the other end of the desk it starting going again :) OR if back of set antenna on the scanner move it around a bit may work. also try in plugging other scanner into another receptacle or power strip.

Last edited:

DickH

I recently started getting serious Birdie problems with one of my scanners.

Could not figure out why, my scanners have almost always been next to my monitor(s) for years and I have never had an issue with it.

Ready to toss a scanner out the window.

I noticed if i Bump the monitor the Birdie would go away for a split second, so I reached behind the monitor and noticed the cable was alittle loose so I tightened the two thumb screws that hold the HD cable into the back of the monitor.....Problem solved, Birdies Flew Away.

Loose HD cable on monitor CAN cause Birdies if your scanner is close to the monitor.

..........FYI..........

FYI. Those are not Birdies. Birdies are generated IN YOUR scanner. An outside signal is just interference.

Status
Not open for further replies.