Monitored ICall today Bartholomew Cnty

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I monitored an ICall this morning from the Columbus, Bartholomew County SAFE-T site. It was a dispatcher telling of the upcoming freezing rain possibility around noon today. Monitored at approx 9:40AM....1/20/2010
Is a common use of ICall? I have it programmed in under the 700000 ID in my BCD396T while in search mode with ICALL option turned on.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I think i have it set-up in my scanners as well. I'll have to check to be sure, though. Icall's are normally used to talk directly from one radio to another, not heard by other radios on the system. I didn't think icall's were being used on SafeT, guess I'll have to watch a little closer.

jeff.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
It's been extremely rare that I've had any activity on it on the SAFET system. That was the 1st time I actually heard talking. I've gotten hits on it a few times but then nothing follows. I have an alert 7 setup on my 396t scannere so I know when it stops on it. Maybe I don't have it setup exactly right? I would love to "see" how it is properly set-up on a BCD396T scanner. UASD file perhaps? Anyone able to provide a screen dump or something similar showing how it's programmed into a scanner with proper settings?

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Wow...that is an awesome article. I guess it really was a good catch. Like I mentioned, it was like a dispatch person (sounded like anyway...female voice also) talking about the freezing rain coming in.

jerk

I've caught a few rare I-calls -- usually Tech's. But I wonder now with the consolidation of Post dispatching, they may use it as an intercom of sorts, (other places do) but it does take up resources that Safe-T doesn't really have right now.

KidClerk

Feed Provider
I haven't heard the actual transmissions, but my log has been showing a few I-Call hits on the Lake County simulcast system lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.