Monitoring Amazon in Ottawa

mmisk

Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2003
Messages
838
Reaction score
246
Location
Ottawa Canada
I live near the Amazon warehouse near Highway 417 in Ottawa east. I think they may be digital as I have not found any analog signals from that location. Perhaps they do not use radio comm's there.
 

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
3,189
Reaction score
1,632
Idle illustrates up a good point. A lot of frequencies are licensed to the radio shop and not the end user. This is actually not an uncommon practice. It ensures that the equipment is properly licensed and the the frequencies are clear. I understand that a lot of the Amazon sites are trunked, so maybe mmisk can double check and see if this one is too.
 

mbstone99

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
1,944
Reaction score
560
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
I have tried listening to the one in southwest Brampton on Steeles Ave W and I have tried listening to the one near the Hamilton airport, but for both of those, I never heard any transmissions. Also, yes they are usually licensed to the radio company, as the one here in Hamilton was showing up licensed to Bearcom. One more thing too is those frequencies that was licensed and shown in the TAFL, are no longer showing up.

Matt
 

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
7,120
Reaction score
1,446
Location
Ontario, Canada
Based on my experience with an Amazon plant near me, you practically have to be at their parking lot to receive a solid signal. Most of them also use Capacity+ trunking.
 

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
3,189
Reaction score
1,632
Most of the big facilities use BDA distribution rather than one single antenna. This is why you laterally need to be sitting in the parking lot to pick up the service.
 

gary123

Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
3,189
Reaction score
1,632
:) DAS not BDA. Ugg BDA is for internal distribution of external systems. Thanks for the correction Idle.
 
Top