Monitoring ANF via eDispatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
at eDispatches.com - for the Angeles National Forest in Los Angeles County - the setup seems to be

anytime the two tone pager signal is transmitted it creates an entry / recording labelled as "WildlandBrush"

anytime the dispatcher hit the alert tone it creates an entry / recording at eDispatches labelled as "USDA-ANF"

alert tone protocol is - 1 hit for cancellation messages (and probably for updates / moveups / info messages - maybe for 1 engine responses also) - 2 hits for motor vehicle accidents (2 engine response) - 3 hits for vegetation fires

there seems to be a 24 hour archive at the eDispatches.com website for these items

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
Is eDispatches a service anyone can use, or membership only? Do you know the Two Tone Pager Frequencies for ANF?

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
dont know pager tones - believe they are transmitted on Forest Net

afaik anyone can use the call logs at eDispatches.com - make sure you spell it right - with the 'es' on the end

to use the call logs to hear ANF - the easiest thing to do is to select Los Angeles as the county

CORRECTION - 513 pm edt - maybe something just changed - they now require an Email address to sign in to see the call logs - Free Call Log – eDispatches

Last edited:

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
Following up - searching at Google for eDispatch, and then selecting Call Log, gets you right in. But going direct to the eDispatch website and selecting Call Log - then an Email is required. (One URL has the word Free in it - the other doesnt)

My timing on the post yesterday was kinda strange. Was not aware of the Station 81 incident when I posted. Later on - the first ANF pages listed were related to the Sta 81 incident. ANF sent a full brush response to Acton USFS station to stage.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
It's not free. Actually very expensive depending on the plan you choose. Fortunately we have Pulse Point here which is free.

es93546

A Member Twice
Premium Subscriber
Following up - searching at Google for eDispatch, and then selecting Call Log, gets you right in. But going direct to the eDispatch website and selecting Call Log - then an Email is required. (One URL has the word Free in it - the other doesnt)

My timing on the post yesterday was kinda strange. Was not aware of the Station 81 incident when I posted. Later on - the first ANF pages listed were related to the Sta 81 incident. ANF sent a full brush response to Acton USFS station to stage.

There was an unrelated fire incident (Sierra) on the north portion of Acton, with the point of origin very close to the Acton Ranger Station. It was not anywhere near LAC Station 81 or the shooter's home. They knocked it down fairly quickly . The Angeles sent two dozers, five or more engines and some battalion and division chiefs. I think they sent a water tender or two. They did not send any air resources. LAC is well equipped with a small air force of their own. A nasty stick was waved over Acton yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.