monitoring bethlehem, allentown Public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitz1308

Premium Subscriber
How do I get the control channel for allentown public service- BC 996 scanner unable to find. Cannot find on radio refernece website.
Having trouble picking up 800 mhz from Coopersburg, PA only 3-4 miles away. Currently using a wide band discone antenna located in my attic with a 100 foor cable, probably only need 50 feet. Any suggestions to get the reception i am looking for?

JimBobTerp

Hi
Do u have this scanner BCD996T - The RadioReference Wiki or this scanner BCD996XT - The RadioReference Wiki cause if you have one of those maybe I can program the systems for u and all the talkgroups for u. But I will maybe do it for a fee of $45 or $50 cause u can ship it to me and i will program it for u and ship it back to u. Also will check if my parents will let me do that for u. Also here is the list off all the frequencies and talkgroups for City of Allentown Allentown Public Safety Trunking System, Allentown, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies & City of Bethlehem frequencies and talkgroups Bethlehem Public Safety Trunking System, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies but if you need a little bit help try this software and it will help u upload these systems and more so it is done right. ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!

James
PS. let me know if I was a help to u or maybe if u want it programed by me.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
How do I get the control channel for allentown public service- BC 996 scanner unable to find. Cannot find on radio refernece website.
Having trouble picking up 800 mhz from Coopersburg, PA only 3-4 miles away. Currently using a wide band discone antenna located in my attic with a 100 foor cable, probably only need 50 feet. Any suggestions to get the reception i am looking for?

You cannot program an EDACS system using control channel only, or so I was always told. You need to program all of the frequencies into the scanner in the correct order.

The links in the response above include the frequencies.

I often travel down that way and pick up the systems just fine with a mobile antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.