Monitoring Coshocton and have questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregOH

At the beginning of the week a Tram 1089-BNC antenna I ordered arrived and I'm now hearing Coshocton agencies with no problem and having no issues with agencies within the simulcast at my location in Tuscarawas county with my WS1040.

So with that, I've decided to monitor Coshocton to see if there are active conventional frequencies in that area I can program into an old analog scanner my father in law has (I think it's a RS Pro-70, but not sure).

I have listened to Richard Downing Airport on 124.450000 but I've also read the Pro-70 is only capable of FM modulation and 124.450000 is AM, so that's probably a no go. I was listening during an accident today and Fire Dispatch stated that Prince towing and React were en route but I never heard either of them on the frequencies listed for them at the DB (do they get notified over the phone?)

Also I see on RRDB that Coshocton Fire dispatching is done on conventional frequencies and RRDB and Broadcastify show them to be Coshocton City Fire Department Primary - 453.7625 Coshocton County Fire Dispatch/Operations - 154.1900 but since monitoring Coshocton, I've heard Fire and EMS on 853.425, 854.4625, 854.8875, and 855.4625 all week on the WS1040, and heard nothing from either agency at the broadcastify link. So with all that being said, I'm taking the analog scanner will be a waste of time?

phask

Premium Subscriber
R Downing is 123.0 Same as ZZV.
124.45 is Indy center out of ZZV
APCH/DEP SVC PRVDD BY INDIANAPOLIS ARTCC ON FREQS 124.45/370.9 (ZANESVILLE RCAG).

I'm just south, but do not listen to Coshocton.

GregOH

R Downing is 123.0 Same as ZZV.
124.45 is Indy center out of ZZV
APCH/DEP SVC PRVDD BY INDIANAPOLIS ARTCC ON FREQS 124.45/370.9 (ZANESVILLE RCAG).

I'm just south, but do not listen to Coshocton.

Hey Phask, been wondering if you still visit the community.

I was listening to 124.45 and thought it was R Downing because I seen it here...

AHtCidr.png

I did get some chatter on a conventional fire frequency yesterday (think it was 453.7625) because I told my wife that I was waiting to see if it is active and after that I got nothing. All Fire and EMS after that were on TG's. I'm wondering if the conventional frequencies are just being used for talk from station to station.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.