Monitoring county wide simulcast system

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD8MLK

Hello, I plan to be monitoring the digital county wide system in my area (butler county, ohio). I know the system is simulcast, with many radio locations. Does this mean I will be able to hear everything in my county? Or, will I only be able to hear the transmissions on the closest repeater (so just my city and near surroundings)?

Thanks!

sjlamb

Hello, I plan to be monitoring the digital county wide system in my area (butler county, ohio). I know the system is simulcast, with many radio locations. Does this mean I will be able to hear everything in my county? Or, will I only be able to hear the transmissions on the closest repeater (so just my city and near surroundings)?

Thanks!

You would probably get your best advice if you posted this in the Ohio section of the forum. There are a number of major radio systems in your County but, the actual Butler County System (BRICS) has only a single tower site so, how well you'll receive will be largely dictated by your proximity to that tower site.

In addition, many of the Butler County law enforcement talkgroups are encrypted and thus, unmonitorable. Again, your best advice will likely come from the Ohio section.

Butler Regional Interoperable Communications System (BRICS)
Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) Butler County Public Safety

Oxford Area Radio System (OARS)
Project 25 Phase I (FDMA) All public safety operations of Oxford and Miami University.

West Chester Township
Motorola Type II Smartnet Most/all public safety operations of West Chester and Monroe.

State of Ohio MARCS - Multi-Agency Radio Communications
Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink Used by most state agencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.