Monitoring DeKalb County (IL) P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltginrage

So, I have a BCD325P2 Last week I was able to listen to DeKalb county's system loud and clear and receiving signal off the sites. Currently (for the past few days) I'm not receiving anything off of the system. I happened to go up to Sycamore and see if it was a location problem and still not receiving a signal. I know there talking on there because I can hear it on the broadcastify stream. Anyone else having the same problem?

tvengr

Well Known Member
What programming software are you using. If you attach your DeKalb Co file, I will check it for any problems. You will have to right click on the file and send it to a compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it.

ltginrage

I use FreeScan. I've re-imported it and re-entered it manually into the scanner. The site from rr is named "site-DeKalb Co".

Attachments

• DKBCOSYSTEM.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 10

tvengr

Well Known Member
I found several problems. The system type should be P25 Standard (Digital XT). STARCOM21 and DeKalb Co are 2 separate systems, not 1 system with 2 sites. I am redoing the file and will post it when completed.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is your programming file. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. There will be 2 system files. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings before you Start Upload.

Attachments

• DeKalb Co IL.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 5

ltginrage

I put the file you sent me into the scanner and I'm still unable to receive a signal on the system

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are the systems scanning? If not, press 1 and 2 on the keypad. Please let me know what you see on the screen. Is it stopping on talkgroups? Set the squelch to 2. If no conventional frequencies, set squelch to 0. Are you in Lee or DeKalb County?

Last edited:

ltginrage

All the system are scanning System QK 1 and 2 is on. All group QKs are on. Squelch is on 2.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Above the system quick keys, are you showing control channel frequencies or NFM? Are the systems stopping on talkgroups. Try setting the squelch to 0. Are you in Lee or DeKalb County?

ltginrage

I'm on the county line of Lee/DeKalb. Showing the control frequencies. I'm picking up DeKalb City Starcomm21 tower NIU and DeKalb PD Talk groups. It's showing the control frequencies.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Are you receiving anything on the DeKalb Co IL system? Is it staying on the same control channel frequency each time DeKalb Co IL is displayed on the top line?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I understand that. What I want to know is if it is locking on the control channel. Does it show the same frequency each time it is scanning the DeKalb Co IL system.

tvengr

Well Known Member
I suspect that you are out of range at your location. I double checked the system and site setup and everything appears to be OK. I suggest you try going into DeKalb County to see if you are able to receive it. I am going to start a thread to see if anyone else has problems with that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.