Monitoring EPSCA & Seattle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
SCFD # 7 Station 73 is now open and staffed 24/7, located at 222nd and 45th Ave. S.E. Bothell. We are now being dispatched daily by EPSCA for Automatic Aid with no delay because they can activate are digital pagers.

Anyway at home in Lynnwood about 196th and 61st SW I try monitoring Eastside (EPSCA) Fire Dispatch 5, Tac, 1, Tac, 2, and Tac 3. very weak signal. So I remember that EPSCA still transmits but does not receive on 154.400, I plug that in to my BR-330T and what a stron signal.

Can anyone comment why their old system comes in better then their newer 800Mhz TRS and give me any ideas that would help me monitor Seattle Fire and EPSCA from Lynnwood

Thanks

AtomicTaco

FFSOD7189 said:
Can anyone comment why their old system comes in better then their newer 800Mhz TRS and give me any ideas that would help me monitor Seattle Fire and EPSCA from Lynnwood
What control channel(s) are you using? I'm guessing 868.775. There's also 868.95, which is in Shoreline. I can pick that up waaay down here in the Auburn/Federal Way area. There's also a KC/VC tower in Freemont; KC/VC is almost always on 851.8125. I've seen EPSCA's automated dispatch KC/VC, though you'd have better luck seeing it on the EPSCA system because almost everyone can hit Tiger. I wouldn't bother with any of the Seattle channels for monitoring EPSCA. Also, you're trying to monitor the King County system from Snohomish County, and the King County units don't venture into Snoho county very often, and when they do (MA calls and such), they usually go simplex or via a non-trunked repeater. Seattle Fire can be found on 868.175 and 868.975. Double check this page to make sure I got all of the numbers right.

Here's a map of who transmits on 154.4 in King County:

Click to enlarge. Red dots are the locations I found in ULS, blue dot is the cross street you provided. I don't know much about EPSCA's system. Hope that helped some.

Last edited:

FFSOD7189

Retired Fire Lieutenant
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your help! You have a couple of CC listed that I do not have and I will give them a try.. The city of Bothell is in both King and Snohomish county and when the population of Snohomish County Bothell becomes higher then the Population of King County Bothell the county seat by law will have to change. Bothell Fire/Snohomish County Fire Dist. 10 has two Stations in Snohomish County.

Status
Not open for further replies.