Monitoring Greene County Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreySpooner65

Premium Subscriber
I am currently using a BCD436HP to monitor Fire/EMS on the Greene County public safety trunked 800mhz system. I am less than impressed with this scanner. Everything from UI to battery life, to general lack of common sense. I am looking for alternatives. Before I go blow $700 on an SDS100, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I've even looked at getting an XTS5000, but am concerned with affiliation/legal issues. I have no interest in TX and would disable it, but the affiliation issue still worries me.

wbloss

Human
Database Admin
While you can have fun with the SDS100 it is overkill for the Greene Co PS system, which is an M36 Smartzone system. No PS agency in Greene is DMR/NX, tho just 1 county east there are some. If you're not interested in the various 2-Way DMR and NXDN systems an older hh like the Whistler 1040 would be ok. And I hate the Uniden UI, which is just as bad with the SDS100 IMHO.
w

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I would try and see if you could get a good quality used 396XT. By far one of the best handheld scanners Uniden ever made. When in the area I scan the Greene Co/Springfield City system with that very scanner. Greene Co is a great system. You can track all of Greene Co., MOSWIN and the 396XT receives excellent VHF transmissions. And it does not require a college degree to program. Just a suggestion for you. Mine works great. And yes, like wbloss said, the SDS100/200 is overkill and not needed for the area. Save that money and get a good outdoor antenna and cable, unless you already have that.

daddyjohn

You might consider a Home Patrol 2. I have a Homepatrol 1 and it does good on the Greene County/Springfield system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
I have Home Patrol 2. Uniden has apparently forgotten about this unit, as it has other problems. One commentator gave really good advice in that the Springfield area is not a complicated system

However, someday soon, I think it will be.

Quick review of the SDS100 and 200… They are Uniden’s best

Status
Not open for further replies.