Monitoring Homestead PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogress

I am trying to setup a scanner for someone who lives in Homestead. I don't live down there, so I'll be programming it, then mailing it to them. Looking at the database, it appears that the Homestead PD is still using the VHF band, P25 on the main channels - not a trunked system.

Can anyone confirm that this is what they are still using? I would have thought they were using the P25 trunked system that Miami PD is using.

Thanks in advance.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
They are indeed using a VHF P25 conventional system. They have access to the Miami Dade P25 trunking system (not Miami PD) in their radios. But that’s only for interoperability.

rogress

How about Fire and Rescue in Homestead? What are they currently using? Is it one of the conventional 450-460Mhz frequencies under Miami-Dade County / Miami-Dade Fire Rescue. Unfortunately I don't know the area, so I'm not quite sure where Homestead fits in that. Thanks.

JimD56

KO9JAD/Fire Lieutenant/Paramedic
Feed Provider
Homestead is Miami-Dade Fire Rescue operating on MDFR South and Tactical Channels MDFR Tac 5 and Tac 6
Station 6 - Battalion 10, Tanker 6, R6, Station 16 - E16 R16 R72, Station 65 - A65 R65, and Station 66 - E66
65 and 66 Cover both parts of Homestead and Florida City

Status
Not open for further replies.