Monitoring in northwest Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I am located roughly eight miles east of Seattle. And once in awhile I see a flight of UH 60 helicopters in the area. . I often wonder if they're talking to each other while en route from point A to point B. And if so, where? I have a lot of common military aviation frequencies in my radios. And sometimes catch comms. Does anyone have an updated list of common frequencies that are used in the area? Also, can anyone tell me if the VHF lo band is used in the region at all? Posting and monitoring from the Winslow area of Bainbridge island.

Steve

DPD1

The low band stuff is pretty rare nowadays, but mainly the Army still breaks it out once in a while. AA stuff is very difficult. Usually nobody is going to keep a list that updated, and if they do... they aren't going to post it all over. Anytime you see something like that, best thing you can do is just start searching like a banshee. Sometimes you will get lucky. Normally it's going to be UHF for helos.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your best bet is to join up - if you haven't already - with a mailing list dedicated to mil stuff in the NW like PDX Milcom, and perhaps more generally, NWScan (both Yahoo groups) - and there may be others in the Pacific NW that are worth joining...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.