Monitoring Just One System - Bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be able Monitor one system - alone.
I have many systems programmed, but am not sure how to just lock onto one system at a time.

The particular System that in question is a trunking ltr, if that makes a difference.

I do have it programmed to a quickkey as I thought this might do it..
It is the only system I have programmed to a quick key, btw..

oh, could I set all the systems to quickkeys, and just turn on that one system using its quickkey? I going to go try that.. Is there an easier way to do it?

figured it out.. :) Its fun being new... and I really did work on that for a while before making the initial post.. I just didnt get the quickkey concept until now.. It is pretty nice though..

Last edited:

LEH

Premium Subscriber
figured it out.. :) Its fun being new... and I really did work on that for a while before making the initial post.. I just didnt get the quickkey concept until now.. It is pretty nice though..

Here's another nice one. Very same concept, only it allows you to subdivide your systems. It's the 'group'.

When you set up a system (or if you edit it by selecting it from the 'program select', you can add 'groups' (sub systems like police in one group, fire in another, school buses in a third, etc). Using the control knob, scroll down until you see 'edit group' and select it. Then add a new group, set a quick key and enter your frequencies (conventional) or talk groups (trunked).

As you know, you access the systems by pressing the corresponding key on the key pad. Once in a system that has groups, press the 'function' key and the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.