Kenwood: Monitoring KQ2H repeater system with TM-V71

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_S

I've been programming a new dual bander and plugged in some frequencies I hadn't used before. I happened to program in a couple that were part of the KQ2H system and have been totally frustrated by the fact that reception stops and starts on roughly a 3 second cycle. Really had me going for a while thinking I had scan resume set incorrectly...but no...that's a global setting in the radio. So there's something about the system that I'm not familiar with. Anyone got a clue here? Thanks in advance.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
What radio exactly is your "new dual bander"? Does it have a Priority Channel function? Is it enabled?

John_S

The radio is a Kenwood TM-V71A. As far as I can tell, there's no priority channel. I was careful to do a full reset before doing anything, so everything should have been back at default settings. Then all programming was done through software. I'm monitoring 2 different repeaters in the same system, and they're both doing the same exact thing. So I'm really leaning more towards the system than the radio...a real head scratcher.

N4DJC

The radio is a Kenwood TM-V71A. As far as I can tell, there's no priority channel. I was careful to do a full reset before doing anything, so everything should have been back at default settings. Then all programming was done through software. I'm monitoring 2 different repeaters in the same system, and they're both doing the same exact thing. So I'm really leaning more towards the system than the radio...a real head scratcher.

There’s no priority channel setting. That system appears to be linked. I’d check in the NY forum for help. I noticed a couple repeaters that have a split tone up/down.

John_S

The issue seems to have subsided for now. The system stays keyed up and full conversations were heard. The problem was that it would stay open for about 3 seconds and then the carrier would drop...for about 3 seconds...and then come back. It's just behaviour I hadn't seen on a repeater before. Listening to a couple of guys on there right now and everything seems normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.