Monitoring multiple P25 Sites w/DSD FL

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaJungle

I believe you can open as many DSD windows as you want, as long as you have additional SDRs for each instance you run it.

If you mean with one SDR, then I dont believe so

ScubaJungle

By open windows, do you mean having multiple instances of DSD? Like make different folders with copies of the DSD files?
Yes, you dont even have to do that.
Just open your FMP24-CC.bat & CC.bat, then after its running, go to that same FMP24-CC.bat file and click edit, change the RTL device # (-i#), and then open it again.
You dont need to make additional folders.
For example, one of my SDRs is listed as device #4, and the other is #1, so by default, #1 opens when I first start, then I edit the .bat file and change -i1 to -i4, and it then opens with the other device.

joesheets

Are you using separate dongles for CC & VC? So for each site, you would need 2 dongles? Currently, I am using 1 dongle and after FMP24-CC fires up, I use the 1R.bat to decode.

Also, if you have multiple systems running that way, would you get simultaneous transmissions some times?

ScubaJungle

Are you using separate dongles for CC & VC? So for each site, you would need 2 dongles? Currently, I am using 1 dongle and after FMP24-CC fires up, I use the 1R.bat to decode.

Also, if you have multiple systems running that way, would you get simultaneous transmissions some times?
Nope, just one for CC & VC. I do the same thing - running FMP24-CC.bat & 1R.bat/CC.bat do the same thing

As for multiple transmissions, yes that would happen unfortunately

slicerwizard

Yes, you dont even have to do that.
Just open your FMP24-CC.bat & CC.bat, then after its running, go to that same FMP24-CC.bat file and click edit, change the RTL device # (-i#), and then open it again.
You dont need to make additional folders.
For example, one of my SDRs is listed as device #4, and the other is #1, so by default, #1 opens when I first start, then I edit the .bat file and change -i1 to -i4, and it then opens with the other device.
Why would you keep editing files? Why wouldn't you just make new ones for the extra dongles?

ScubaJungle

Why would you keep editing files? Why wouldn't you just make new ones for the extra dongles?
It doesnt really matter - do it however youd like. I prefer doing it that way because I switch dongles in and out a lot so I dont know what their numbers are, and its easier just to open notepad and switch a single character

slicerwizard

You can assign a serial string to each dongle and physically label them with the same identifier. Then there's no ambiguity when you plug in a dongle.

a417

U+0000
you said:
I prefer doing it that way because I switch dongles in and out a lot so I dont know what their numbers are, and its easier just to open notepad and switch a single character
This sounds like extra work because you don't have them marked & serialized, make life easier on your self?! :)

ScubaJungle

Is there no way to scan multiple CC’s with one dongle?
Not to my knowledge
This sounds like extra work because you don't have them marked & serialized, make life easier on your self?! :)
You can assign a serial string to each dongle and physically label them with the same identifier. Then there's no ambiguity when you plug in a dongle.
To be honest, I never put much thought into it. Ill look into that

polkaroo

Missed him again!
I've written the ID of the system I'm monitoring to the dongle's serial number. For the cheap unstable SDRs, I've written the PPM correction as the serial number like "PPM28-1" (the -1 is just in case I have another dongle with the same correction). Then start FMP24 with the -i"sysid" and it'll use that dongle every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.