Monitoring New Jersey from Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
Unless you have a directional antenna, you might find it difficult at times since you are almost equidistant between the Maryland and NJ sites. Have you tried programming NACs?

Thank you for the suggestion! I will try that after work today.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
So I decided to add the BC125AT to my collection, and I’m getting better reception with Salem County’s UHF Frequencies on the BC125AT than I was on my SDS100. What would be a good place to start on improving the SDS100 reception of those frequencies?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
So I decided to add the BC125AT to my collection, and I’m getting better reception with Salem County’s UHF Frequencies on the BC125AT than I was on my SDS100. What would be a good place to start on improving the SDS100 reception of those frequencies?
I'm assuming the UHF frequencies are conventional? What antenna are you using? The SDS seems to be optimized for 700/800 and P25 trunking, so the BC125AT might be the right tool for UHF.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming the UHF frequencies are conventional? What antenna are you using? The SDS seems to be optimized for 700/800 and P25 trunking, so the BC125AT might be the right tool for UHF.

Salem County is conventional, and I’m using the the Diamond RHC77A for VHF/UHF. I’m starting to come back to the realization that multiple scanners can be beneficial in your listening environment.

trailhiker73

Premium Subscriber
I decided to see if I could pick up the NJICS - Cumberland County Simulcast with the REM-810S today, and I'm in luck! I just found the right spot on the second and third floors of our townhouse. I'm not sure why I didn't think about updating my database sooner in my SDS100.

Status
Not open for further replies.