Monitoring NXDN / NEXEDGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
Monitoring NXDN / NEXEDGE UPDATE SHOULD BE COMMING OUT SOON I HOPE CANT WAIT THAT WHAT I WANT FOR X-MAS......Whistler Scanners are the best out there

Last edited:

wbswetnam

Did I understand correctly that the NXDN upgrade is promised "before the end of the year", or did I simply assume that in my own mind? The end of the year is coming up fast.

SCPD

QRT
On the first day of Christmas,Whistler gave to meeeeeeeee An NXDN firmware up-date.
on the second day of Christmas Whistler gave to meeeeeee ,Dstar and fusion tooooo.
on the third day of Christmas Whistler gave to meeeeee ,Broadcast F-M radioooo.
Four more colored inserts,five more accessories and a new antenna for the top!

Attachments

• TRX.jpg
    TRX.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,442
Last edited:

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
On the first day of Christmas,Whistler gave to meeeeeeeee An NXDN firmware up-date.
on the second day of Christmas Whistler gave to meeeeeee ,Dstar and fusion tooooo.
on the third day of Christmas Whistler gave to meeeeee ,Broadcast F-M radioooo.
Four more colored inserts,five more accessories and a new antenna for the top!

Wow! You have quite the Christmas list there!

keyhole

for european users:
flexible frequency steps in all bands
much more sensitivity in 4m band
TETRA TMO
Broadcast FM

Airboss

Silent Key
I just wish we could get this one out the door - Whistler or Uniden. Our county is at the center of the southeast wildfires and out FD/EMS uses NXDN. In effect we are in the dark and I'm not comfortable in that mode. Hopefully we will see NXDN sooner rather than later.

Chief Larry

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Both are working on it, but only Whistler will hand it to you wrapped and good to go. Uniden is working on handing you another bill to pay and hoping not to peeve you off too much after you just gave them like another hundred bucks for ProVOICE and their DMR upgrades. :lol:

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Both are working on it, but only Whistler will hand it to you wrapped and good to go. Uniden is working on handing you another bill to pay and hoping not to peeve you off too much after you just gave them like another hundred bucks for ProVOICE and their DMR upgrades. :lol:

Yeah, I highly doubt I will buy the NXDN upgrade on the Unidens since I'll have it on the TRX-1 and TRX-2.

captainmax1

Premium Subscriber
MILF. You already paid for DMR, Provoice and NXDN when you bought your Whistler Scanner. With Uniden, you have the option to pay for the upgrades if you need them and it still costs less than Whistler or comparable.

wa4tux

Premium Subscriber

Recently on the market for an upgrade to our *very* old BC-250D, that is *exactly* why I homed in on the Whistler TRX-1 - ordered from Ham Radio Outlet and working perfectly for my purposes. Object Oriented Scanning is certainly different than the old school methodology, but having experienced it now, I *LIKE* it. :)

prc117f

MILF. You already paid for DMR, Provoice and NXDN when you bought your Whistler Scanner. With Uniden, you have the option to pay for the upgrades if you need them and it still costs less than Whistler or comparable.

The price difference between the TRX-2 and the 536 is about 30 dollars From a quick glance.

If I want to add DMR it adds 75 dollars.
If I want to add NXDN (is this in the horizon?) another 75 dollars.

Then I need to worry about the Display dying 12-14 months in the future and other issues the 536 have had reported.

The TRX-2 out of the box does DMR no messing with licensing BS etc. Open box, plug in and start programming DMR.

I also get the impression that Whistler will provide better support/investment protection since they actually provided the older HW a free DMR update.

That speaks a lot for the company and this is why I am moving on and upgrading the Uniden 996XT (probably the last Unidens I buy) to the TRX-2 A bunch of folks I know are interested in upgrading from Unidens (996Xts) and they are interested in seeing this TRX-2 in action. I see lots of Whistler units in the future :)

Adding the Disc output capability and removable faceplate is a nice big plus since I would be able to place the radio elsewhere and have the control right under my monitor in addition to using DSD+ as well with the Whistler.

That NXDN is in the pipeline for the TRX-2 is a nice bonus, and no charge as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.