Monitoring of ARMER in Blaine MN with BCD996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

allpointsbulletin

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Relocated to Blaine, MN from Toledo, OH in 2010. Have a BCD996T that worked great on a P25 system in Toledo (MARCS). However, since relocating, I have reprogrammed for Minneapolis and St. Paul and have very hit and miss reception for the public safety freqs (fire, police and EMS). I often receive only part of a conversation. Originally thought this was a reception issue as Blaine is ~15 miles from Minnepolis so purchesed a Laird Omnidirectional antenna (F68246) which is connected to approx 15' of LMR 400. Reception marginally improved but the problem persists. Can't put the antenna outside due to the Neighborhood Association Nazis. Searched the forums and it seems like this is a fairly common issue. Am wondering if I should abandon Minneapolis/St. Paul for closer transmissions of Coon Rapids, Andover, etc.? Any thoughts or recommendations on either improving Minneapolis/St.Paul or alternate ARMER covered municipalities to monitor?

Would appreciate any help!

Thanks.

Allpointsbulletin

Raven95150

Premium Subscriber
In Blaine you'll want to primarily listen on the Anoka County system. (Primary control channel is 853.3875) If you are in the southern portion of Blaine you might be able to hear Hennepin and Ramsey county systems, but I couldn't get a decent signal from them where I lived in the northern part of Blaine. (I recently moved from Blaine to Nowthen, which is in the far northwest corner of Anoka County)

The good news is that the Anoka County system is very active since there are 11 law enforcement agencies and 15 fire departments in the county. You will also be able to hear several EMS services and the State Patrol on the Anoka County system.

If you haven't yet, check out the Anoka County wiki page:

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Anoka_County_(MN)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.