Monitoring Somerset County TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newark777

I've been trying to monitor the Somerset County County trunked system with my Pro-97, and I'm wondering whether I need a digital scanner to hear it properly. I am getting conversations through it, however the format of the TG's are different than the database here. They are in a XXX-XX format, like 101-36 or something similar. I am pretty sure I have programmed it in correctly, so anyone have any suggestions on what is wrong?

robbinsj2

Something must be wrong. Did you program manually or with software? If with software, what product? If you programmed it manually...

It sounds like you may have it set as a Type 1 system. It should be programmed as a Type 2. Following are the manual's directions for changing Type 1 programming back to Type 2:
(starting at the bottom of page 71 in the PDF manual)
1) PGM then TRUNK.
2) FUNC then <Up> or Func then <Down> until you get to the bank Somerset County is in.
3) FUNC then 8.
4a) type in 15 for each sizecode value and press ENT.
4b) repeat, if required, for each sizecode slot.
5) scan.

Try scanning now. If it didn't work, try going back through the instructions for programming a Motorola UHF-Lo Type 2 system. Make sure all three bases/offsets/steps are programmed in.

I don't have a 97 myself so I can't offer any further insight. Maybe some else does (or doesn't) and can?

Good luck, post back here with your results.

Jim

(Oh, you definitely DO NOT need a digital scanner to receive the system, you would only need one to monitor the few digital unencrypted talkgroups. The Pro-97 should work very well for >90% of the talkgroups.)

Newark777

robbinsj2 said:
(Oh, you definitely DO NOT need a digital scanner to receive the system, you would only need one to monitor the few digital unencrypted talkgroups. The Pro-97 should work very well for >90% of the talkgroups.)

Ok, that's what I thought, as I was receiving the conversations nice and clear. I'll try what you said and get back to you if it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.