Monitoring split frequency systems with PSR 800

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickey456

I want to monitor a couple of split frequency systems in Mexico in January. Would like to hear from anyone using the PSR 800 on this type of system. TIA.

rickey456

Traveling to Mexico

The truth is that at this time I'm not sure of what the current regulations are in Mexico. But having traveled with radios for the past 40 years a lot depends where you go and how you use them. As International Editor for the now defunct RCMA, I always advised that you had to use your head when you used the radios. The new radios look so much like phones and we don't transport contraband or drugs so I have no problem.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Well, you could set up talk groups with just the two frequencies in question repeated say ten or so times, then when talk stopped on one it would skip to the other at least for awhile. If you activated only that talk group it would follow it until the conversation ends, but I don't know if that would be practical.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I belonged to the "RCMA" many many years ago, great to see a post from someone in that era....I used to get the newsletter i enjoyed very much....We all then split up and created small scanning clubs around the country which now here in Chicago is "CARMA"....I think a guy named "Jerry Short" was a familiar name??.....

Status
Not open for further replies.