Monitoring TACN Chattanooga/Hamilton Co from a different county

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7PSE

Premium Subscriber
I'm interested in setting up a feed for the Chattanooga/Hamilton County public safety and have a question about the system. I see that the system is statewide, with multiple sites across the state. Is it possible to listen to a talkgroup such as Chattanooga Fire Department from outside the Chattanooga Simulcast sites? Do these systems keep the local radio traffic on the local system?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
It’s kind of like a cell phone, a Radio set to a particular talkgroup will affiliate with a tower, so if a radio is affiliated to a tower near you and is on the talkgroup you want to listen too, you should be good

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
If no radio with a particular talkgroup is affiliated to the site you are listening, unless it’s that talkgroups home site you won’t hear it

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I see your in Cleveland, unless you plan on using a yagi to get Chattanooga Simulcast the Cleveland and North Bradley doesn't carry Chattanooga FD talkgroups unless they use the site.

I barley get the Chattanooga Simulcast site in Cleveland so it might be a little bit of a challenge.

KB7PSE

Premium Subscriber
I see your in Cleveland, unless you plan on using a yagi to get Chattanooga Simulcast the Cleveland and North Bradley doesn't carry Chattanooga FD talkgroups unless they use the site.

I barley get the Chattanooga Simulcast site in Cleveland so it might be a little bit of a challenge.

That's what I've been trying to confirm. I can get Chattanooga Simulcast in Cleveland but may be adding the directional antenna depending on how good the signal is. It was hit or miss and I had to adjust my receive gain and hope I've got it working now.

TNDispatcher

Premium Subscriber
Was pretty cool the other day there was im guessing a convoy of troopers from knoxville coming through dickson county and could hear everything in knoxville going on when its all the way on the other side of the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.