Monitoring the full Database on the 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

dispatcher812

Premium Subscriber
I was playing around with my scanner the other day and wanted to try the full database with my range set to 0. Not soon after I started to receive the weather frequencies. I would lock out one and get another. No where in the scanner is there, at least that I could find, to unselect the weather service and I did not see any option for that in Sentinel as well. Any ideas?

phask

Premium Subscriber
I was playing around with my scanner the other day and wanted to try the full database with my range set to 0. Not soon after I started to receive the weather frequencies. I would lock out one and get another. No where in the scanner is there, at least that I could find, to unselect the weather service and I did not see any option for that in Sentinel as well. Any ideas?

Look under your Nationwide settings. There is a LOT of CRAP in there you should probably turn off - including WX.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Some portions of RRDB also have the local weather channels listed. This is really in error (and a legacy from before the Nationwide channels were added to RRDB). I believe that, under current RRDB guidelines, they would not be accepted. But, someone needs to report the channels to be removed in order for them to be removed.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Some portions of RRDB also have the local weather channels listed. This is really in error (and a legacy from before the Nationwide channels were added to RRDB). I believe that, under current RRDB guidelines, they would not be accepted. But, someone needs to report the channels to be removed in order for them to be removed.

That explains why I have had them pop up, with associated curse words, when traveling.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm. Perhaps I stand corrected...I just did a full RRDB search on each of the standard NWS frequencies, and came up empty. Anyone see this happen, try to get the channel details for me (of course, if you have National DB "National Weather Service" turned on and "Federal" service type enabled, it will be stopping on the transmissions because you basically told it to...).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I remember going State by State removing all the WX channels. It would surprise me if any were left.

The only entries left that the Home Patrols should be seeing are in the Nationwide databases belonging to a few different countries.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Paul, I've had this happen with my 536 while scanning from the full database. I think the last time I saw it, I had entered 46112 for the ZIP code with the default range and service selections. Not sure I can reproduce the problem, though.

phask

Premium Subscriber
I remember going State by State removing all the WX channels. It would surprise me if any were left.

The only entries left that the Home Patrols should be seeing are in the Nationwide databases belonging to a few different countries.

As I said - I have seen it, but it's been at least 2 years. I think it might have been a Canadian WX - or maybe MI. Then it could have been a Coast Guard rebroadcast. Hard to tell when mobile.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
They are part of the Nationwide Database. Easy to turn them off in the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.