Monitoring Trunked Radio Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech1

There are several trunked radio systems in my area and they have several tower sites for each system.
Right now I only programmed my scanner with the closest site locations to my location. Would it make any difference if I programmed all of these tower sites in my scanner ? or just the ones close to me ? Would this increase the coverage to monitor all of these users ?

marksmith

It depends on how the system is laid out, and if units in other parts of your county do not access the closer towers you program.

This is true in some systems.

However, whether adding these additional sites will benefit your listening is an additional question. If the above is true and you can receive the further sites, then maybe you will hear more, but in general, the benefit will only happen when you are mobile and moving in and out of range of the various sites.

I normally have my radios set up like you do for home use, but have an additional favorites list or scan list to activate when mobile to take advantage of the other sites.

Mark
536/436/WS1095/HP1/HP2/996T/996XT/996P2/396XT/325P2/PSR800/15X/others

you should configured all, make sure you bank them properly so you can easily navigate to strongest site with channels you are most interested in.

Happy monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.