Monitoring your local hosptial activities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone been monitoring EMS/Hospital activity in your area? I have and it almost sounds like COVID no longer even exist. Even with PD/FD comms, they used to say all the time "No COVID", now they don't even mention COVID. I do not sense any COVID related activity, let along these so called surges in COVID/Delta. I was in ER about three weeks ago, it was a ghost town! In fact the entire hospital was quiet, less activity than what used to be considered a normal day. I think the media/government is peeing on us and telling us it's rain!

1628168685809.png

What are you guys hearing on your scanners related to increased COVID activity?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
I can tell you that where I am on Long Island, you get a rapid COVID test immediately as they triage each patient.
When listening on the scanner, they will announce COVID patients who are enroute to the hospital, and as EMS is dispatched out to the address. Yes, we still have COVID patients coming into the hospital.

While it isn't as crazy as it was a year ago, there are still calls and references related to COVID. A year ago it was almost every call was following the COVID protocol and there were staging areas setup etc.

Today, visiting protocols are still strongly enforced. A year ago it was no visitors. I had a family member in one hospital recently and it was max 2 visitors at a time and not children. At another hospital, it as max 2 visiter PER DAY per patient and still not children.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
3 weeks ago we still had lower numbers (everywhere). They are now rapidly increasing. My local hospital went from 1 ICU Covid patient to 27 now.

As for what’s said on the radio, most places have moved to code words (that change on occasion) to indicate in the dispatch if someone is positive but they also just assume now days that everyone is until ruled out.

ecps92

All depends on where you are, many areas of the Country have never seen the major decline that some have, and many are once-again ramping up.

Hard to say it doesn't exist when Hospitals are still asking for HELP and Teams are Responding

Has anyone been monitoring EMS/Hospital activity in your area? I have and it almost sounds like COVID no longer even exist. Even with PD/FD comms, they used to say all the time "No COVID", now they don't even mention COVID. I do not sense any COVID related activity, let along these so called surges in COVID/Delta. I was in ER about three weeks ago, it was a ghost town! In fact the entire hospital was quiet, less activity than what used to be considered a normal day. I think the media/government is peeing on us and telling us it's rain!

View attachment 107524

What are you guys hearing on your scanners related to increased COVID activity?

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I am sitting here in Wacko hearing EMS reports of COVID positive reports. This morning, I believe I heard of two offenders coming being transferred to the hospital. According the report given to the hospital, this person had COVID-19 in the recent past.

Since I did not take a baseline of the "frequency of occurrence" I cannot report any changes; however, I will go with what was reported in the news: Increase in COVID-19 cases continues in Waco area | Local News | wacotrib.com

I do not buy into the baseless claims of "fake news." I know medical staff inside several area hospitals reporting Delta infection increases. Fox 44 news reported 97% of the new cases were unvaccinated microcephalic troglodytes. Since I programmed both 536HP radios at Fox 44, I believe they are hearing the same thing. I don't know if they are keeping a tally.

Truthfully, I don't care if the unvaccinated get COVID and suffer severe medial complications. Furthermore, I would not shed a tear if they croaked.

I will sit here and "attempt to tally" the EMS calls I hear. Since I cannot be here 24/7, I cannot report an accurate number. I do not think it is proper to extrapolate.

I have not heard any report of "paid conspiratorial actors" coming to town. I have not heard reports of QAnon "experts" reporting any relationship between the "deep state" and the recent outbreak of the Delta variant.

I appreciate sharing my thoughts and opinion.

"Stupid is as stupid does"-Forrest Gump

Last edited:

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
3 weeks ago we still had lower numbers (everywhere). They are now rapidly increasing. My local hospital went from 1 ICU Covid patient to 27 now.

As for what’s said on the radio, most places have moved to code words (that change on occasion) to indicate in the dispatch if someone is positive but they also just assume now days that everyone is until ruled out.
That's what I'm seeing here in the DFW area. Rapidly increasing case counts, hospitals beginning to "fill up". The Austin, TX area, as of a couple of days ago, was down to less than a dozen ICU available beds for a metro area of more than 2 million.

Dallas County was down to an "amber" alert on Covid, but went back to orange, it's second highest level, and in the past few days back up to "Red", which was used during the height of the pandemic before vaccines started to become available.

Several times a day, on average, Dallas Fire Rescue will report various area hospitals no longer taking patients effective at the time of announcement, or that they are closed to anything other than trauma, stroke, or STEMI; Parkland will still take burn patients. In some cases, patients that come into the emergency room, but not via an ambulance have to be held for hours until a bed becomes available.

I'm also hearing DFR rescues going out of service for "decon" after clearing from a run. In all my years of listening to Dallas, that was just about never used at all, but that now comes into play pretty often during most days. While dispatch is not usually specifying "Covid" status over the air, its apparent that comments regarding whether the patient is virus positive or not is in the comments viewable on the MDTs, and occasionally the responding crew will advise dispatch of a change.

CareFlite, one of the local air medical organizations commonly advises air crews during the dispatch instructions as to whether their patient is Covid positive, or negative.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
Our local EMS system uses the code "ATD" (aerosol transmissible disease) as a caution to first responders. It went down for a while and is now being used more frequently again. Vaccination rates are higher than average here, but there are new cases and some deaths.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
It's almost like when it comes to medical emergencies the medical professionals know what they are talking about.

The day I take medical advice from a politician is the same day I take political advice from my doctor.

Our local small ICU is full. Capacity has dropped sharply in the last few weeks.

Great response.

NYRHKY94

It's almost like when it comes to medical emergencies the medical professionals know what they are talking about.

The day I take medical advice from a politician is the same day I take political advice from my doctor.

Our local small ICU is full. Capacity has dropped sharply in the last few weeks.

Good advice. I'll choose medical professionals & science over misinformed "politicians" & conspiracy theorists (fake news) any day!

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
As I expected, my friend, over risk management at a large hospital system near Austin, responded to my posting on my FB page about this matter. Of course, I have masked his identify.

hospitals.jpg

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I must admit this thread have been enlightening for sure as to how bad the pandemic still is. I don't trust the media so it's difficult to really know or understand what's going on. Hearing it from you guys is convincing as I don't see where any of you would have reason to misrepresent or lie about it.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Truthfully, I don't care if the unvaccinated get COVID and suffer severe medial complications. Furthermore, I would not shed a tear if they croaked.

"Stupid is as stupid does"-Forrest Gump

Instead of blurting out such generalized insensitive derogatory comments like theses you should realize not every has a choice in getting or not getting the vaccine! For medical reason such as preexisting health conditions, allergies, getting the vaccine holds an extremely high risk, even death!

Both my wife and myself are very vulnerable to getting blood clots which "the science" shows vaccines can cause. Another example is my sister has a very low blood platelets count and can't get the vaccine because it could kill her.

For you to say something like this is disgusting and about as low as one can get!

(from your post #8)
'Truthfully, I don't care if the unvaccinated get COVID and suffer severe medial complications. Furthermore, I would not shed a tear if they croaked."

(from your post #15

"I find it amusing to see folks who learn the hard way say, "I should have taken the vaccine." Here is an article from the local paper."

You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
Instead of blurting out such generalized insensitive derogatory comments like theses you should realize not every has a choice in getting or not getting the vaccine! For medical reason such as preexisting health conditions, allergies, getting the vaccine holds an extremely high risk, even death!

Both my wife and myself are very vulnerable to getting blood clots which "the science" shows vaccines can cause. Another example is my sister has a very low blood platelets count and can't get the vaccine because it could kill her.

For you to say something like this is disgusting and about as low as one can get!

(from your post #8)
'Truthfully, I don't care if the unvaccinated get COVID and suffer severe medial complications. Furthermore, I would not shed a tear if they croaked."

(from your post #15

"I find it amusing to see folks who learn the hard way say, "I should have taken the vaccine." Here is an article from the local paper."

You should be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

YOU should be ashamed and embarrassed of yourself! I just posted to keep this radio related and you do this.

Closing due to people not following my simple request.

Status
Not open for further replies.