MONITORING ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

np4r

Hi , I was scanning from 162 -173 mhz and heard 167.1125 nac 210 , 169.1375 nac 209 171.6875 nac 208 Something about Omaha in the clear . Does anybody knows wich agencie is? Were I can find the other frequencies that belongs to this group? Im located in Puerto Rico ..Thanks

Last edited:

ecps92

Both reported as USBP
First two may not be in PR but the USVI

171.6875 is BP - the Cuerro Punta Repeater

And Omaha would be any of the US Customs [CBP, BP, ICE] aerial units

Hi , I was scanning from 162 -173 mhz and heard 167.1125 nac 210 , 169.1375 nac 209 171.6875 nac 208 Something about Omaha in the clear . Does anybody knows wich agencie is? Were I can find the other frequencies that belongs to this group? Im located in Puerto Rico ..Thanks

ecps92

spend some more time [give it a month] of monitoring that band as well as 400-420
and post back when you have found.

Sadly, not much for monitoring is posted from there, unless it is from us tourists who might be there
for a day on a cruise. There was a Yahogroup, but have not seen much from them in years and we tourists
had to use google translate.

Both reported as USBP
First two may not be in PR but the USVI

171.6875 is BP - the Cuerro Punta Repeater

And Omaha would be any of the US Customs [CBP, BP, ICE] aerial units

ecps92

ahhh No, Yahoo still functions very well as a List-Server [send mail to the list and it sends it out]
There are still many ACTIVE and existing Yahoogroups around

Not all went to google or the pay services
@ecps92 Yahoo Groups are a thing of the past (Yahoo kinda shut them down), everyone has gone to Google groups or groups.io

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
ahhh No, Yahoo still functions very well as a List-Server [send mail to the list and it sends it out]
There are still many ACTIVE and existing Yahoogroups around

Not all went to google or the pay services

Okay, all my groups changed when Yahoo did away with the uploads to Yahoo Groups. And FYI groups.io is free.

ecps92

Not the place to get into the pros-cons of groups.io, but not entirely FREE,
varies if the group is very active, has a certain # of members and then storage size of date.

Most members would now know, since the list-owner/moderators may have funded it.

We now return us to Radio Reference and Puerto Rico

Okay, all my groups changed when Yahoo did away with the uploads to Yahoo Groups. And FYI groups.io is free.

spacellamaman

speaking of PR, and the little attention given to it, i just read American Gunfight: The Plot to Kill President Truman--and the Shoot-out That Stopped It , i really can't recommend it enough, for a variety of reason.

if you didn't feel ashamed of how you/we/USA have completely ignored PR and its people in the past, well you oughtta after you read that book. it's hard to imagine, but i effin cried reading some parts. i wanted all sides to win. i equally wanted the assassins to succeed and the target to escape harm. anyhoo, ive been dying to tell someone about it but, well PR doesn't come up in conversation much.

and NOW back to radio related stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.