Monmouth County 700 system

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
So just out of curiosity, is North Fire not simulcasting on the 700mhz system yet? I copy South Fire and Central Fire from the South Simulcast site, but no North departments. Or can North Fire only come in on the North Simulcast site?

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
So just out of curiosity, is North Fire not simulcasting on the 700mhz system yet? I copy South Fire and Central Fire from the South Simulcast site, but no North departments. Or can North Fire only come in on the North Simulcast site?
I can hear south departments on the north simulcast so I would think it should work all the way around.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
I can hear south departments on the north simulcast so I would think it should work all the way around.
You know, I'm going to have to really look at my programming and see if it's an error. I also rarely hear any North fire companies get dispatched on the main dispatch talkgroup so it's a little hard to gauge. I'm located in Camden County and do not get the VHF here. I'm monitoring the 700 system using a Unication G5 pager in one sweet spot in the northeast corner of my house.

Mboy00

Premium Subscriber
You know, I'm going to have to really look at my programming and see if it's an error. I also rarely hear any North fire companies get dispatched on the main dispatch talkgroup so it's a little hard to gauge. I'm located in Camden County and do not get the VHF here. I'm monitoring the 700 system using a Unication G5 pager in one sweet spot in the northeast corner of my house.
Most North Companies do not use NCS Paging. All VHF paging. Only 3 companies use Fire North so you probably aren’t hearing a lot of traffic because of that.

squad1321

I have been in the most southern and western parts of Mon County and heard North Fire (as well as EMS North) over the South TRS simulcast sites.

CastorLB

Premium Subscriber
Was scanning through the county commissioners minutes and it appears a new site got the approval on the Sea Girt water tower.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know how this new talk group will be used?

1402136c5TFire/EMS Comm
I gotta pop it in my Unication pager and see what I get from Southern Camden County. I notice I very rarely ever hear anything on Fire North on the P25 south simulcast. After checking broadcastify I'm not missing anything.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Saw your user name and laughed :D sarcasm aside, my point was there are already many fire/EMS ops, interops, fireground channels... what is the purpose of this particular one? I haven't seen any memos from the County FM or EMS Offices about the usage yet ???
It's in the updated TRS codeplug but not in the original layout. There's ALOT of talkgroups that we never really received information on the usage of.