Monmouth County Sheriffs Communications

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as some of you are aware, the move has been made from the "police radio room" to the new Monmouth County Sheriffs Office Public Safety Center. The Sheriffs offices interior side of the building hasn't even gone to bid - not until June or July is what I'm hearing!
The communications side of the building - "CENTRAL-COMM" has been occupied since Monday. Several of the slower desks went on line first, then Tuesday several more desks went live and the 911 lines were all switched over Wednesday and everyone else moved over.
Don't have much to tell you - this is now the largest 911 center in the state. 50 consoles in the comm center, 10 more off of the comm center for training purposes and 2 across the hallway in the O E M war room. Not sure of the layout without looking at one of our cheat sheets - East, West, North, South. Huge TV screen in front of room will be programmed with several of our CAD screens, NJ511 traffic, NJ Transit homeland security cameras at the train stations, and whatever other important stuff they deem necessary. Radio consoles are all ergonomic so the operator can raise or lower them for comfort/visibility. Then there are large screen TVs around the whole dispatch room walls.
Trunked system not up yet. Still working out some bugs with alert tones, etc.on the new ACOM ZETRON system . It is unable to create the warble style tones on the end so everyone has to get pager amplifiers in order to wake up in the middle of the night now (JUST KIDDING about buying amplifiers although it's always an option)!
Ribbon cutting on the 29th for system users.
Emergency Services Day being planned for May with outdoor emergency services equipment on display and "touch a truck" display of County vehicles(I assume)! for the kids. I would imagine tours of the new facility as well!
And that's all the information I have - sorry, no particulars on the trunked system other than what has been posted in the forums. i guess i should correct login to 6901 instead of 6905 - whatever!!!!!!!

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update Kevin. The attention tones and the delay between stacked tones is starting to be a killer! Any update on the switch to narrowband?

squad1321

Thanks for the update Kevin. The attention tones and the delay between stacked tones is starting to be a killer! Any update on the switch to narrowband?

Jonathan...at first I liked the 3 alert tones at the end much better than the old "warble" sound, but I must agree, too much wasted time between pager tones and the additional 3 alert tones...a bit unnecessary.

Tech792

Any more to this story? I heard they wanted to build a "northcom" but the county gov't put the kibosh to it. Supposedly there are a few towns that want to break away from county dispatch and go back to self dispatch.

mcradio72

As of Wednesday 10/29/14 all agencies/911 operations at SouthCOMM aka the SACC (Shore Area Communications Center) ceased and have migrated to the new communications center (C COMM) all agencies that were formerly operating out of SACC are now calling "County" and no longer utilizing "SouthCOMM"

squad1321

As of Wednesday 10/29/14 all agencies/911 operations at SouthCOMM aka the SACC (Shore Area Communications Center) ceased and have migrated to the new communications center (C COMM) all agencies that were formerly operating out of SACC are now calling "County" and no longer utilizing "SouthCOMM"

72...they will not be using the "Fire 13, 14, 15, etc." designations as the console screen indicates?

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
With all these fire #'s, we will be up to Fire 36 soon! Hopefully the channel reallocating will be done soon, as well as the systems fixed so you can actually hear the dispatches.

Analogrules

Strange.....unless I was picking something else up on the same frequency, but the signal was fairly strong, so I assumed it was Monmouth County PD. My scanner was showing DPL 754 every time there was a key up.

Analogrules

Note, I was monitoring from Union Beach, NJ. Ironically, that is also the same PL used by Union Beach PD on their frequency.

Analogrules

Either they use a different PL in the northern part of the county OR another nearby PD not listed in rr, uses that PL on the same frequency

Tech792

There is something going on there. I keep getting weak hits of DPL 754 that does match up to Union Beach PD's carrier but not all the time. It could be a product of intermod with 2 or more signals mixing. It doesn't sound like county's signal is involved.

Analogrules

Yeah, I was very confused. I was in Union Beach all day yesterday helping my sister prepare for Thanksgiving, had the portable scanner on the entire time and every time someone keyed up on that frequency, I noticed it was with the same PL as Union Beach PD. I might add that I didn't hear a sound on the Union Beach PD frequency the entire day! I wonder if they reverted to using the county channel due to problems or it was just an extremely quiet day for police. I didn't even hear union beach pd key up to ask for a coffee break. Literally silence on 154.785.

RBFD415

DPL 754

I was going to post input on this before- because I thought I had noticed that DPL pop up before on the car channel. Today I confirmed that I did get positive hits on the car channel: 154.875 with DPL 754. I was in the Bayshore area of Monmouth- specifically in Holmdel.

The copy was very weak- as if it was very distant. Sounded as if it could be a police or EMS agency. I can not rule out the possibility that it was Union Beach PD- although this radio has never been prone to such cross channel reception? The traffic was clear, not garbled, just low volume.

Analogrules

Hopefully one of you guys who live down there can keep me updated. I hope to have the correct frequencies the next time I visit my sister down there. The 154.875 signal with DPL 754 was fairly strong in Union Beach. Please keep me posted once you figure it out. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.