Monmouth County TRS into a BCD996P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriorMike

DAT appears if the control channel is being received in Scan Receiving/Hold Modes.
from marks scanners.
DAT Displays if the control channel is being received in Scan Receiving/Hold Modes.
from the uniden manual.
not seeing it, would indicate that you are not getting the control channel.

My P2's receive the control channels fine, and don't display DAT and never have.

phillydjdan

Sorry to say, but no, not really. Not unless you can isolate 1transmitter site using a directional antenna or similar method. I have 2 that I use solely for conventional channels because it just doesn't handle LSM distortion at all.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I had hit or miss lick using half of a paper clip in the antenna port getting the Ocean County 700 TRS on my 996P2, it was truly hit or miss. I got an SDS100 and no problem with the OC 700 TRS, but I can't get the MC 700 system down there. I loose it just south of Bay Head.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I would try playing around with the filter settings on the SDS100 for Monmouth 700,did it with my SDS200 and it comes in fine.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Having issues programming the Monmouth County TRS into a BCD996P2. I imported it via Radio Reference but its not picking anything up.
Here is a file for Monmouth Co Fire. Law enforcement is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. First, save any files you want to keep in FreeSCAN. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Connect your scanner to your computer and turn on the scanner.. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Start Upload. The South Simulcast site is on system quick key 1 and the North Simulcast site is on system quick key 2. If you are still unable to receive the system it is almost certainly a simulcast distortion problem. Also, check your squelch setting.

You can ignore that your display says BCD996XT on the boot up.

Attachments

• Monmouth Co NJ.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Got it! Thanks! Unfortunately, I'm away right now so I will not be able to try it until Tuesday when I get back. I appreciate it.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Here is a file for Monmouth Co Fire. Law enforcement is fully encrypted and cannot be received by any scanner. First, save any files you want to keep in FreeSCAN. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Connect your scanner to your computer and turn on the scanner.. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Start Upload. The South Simulcast site is on system quick key 1 and the North Simulcast site is on system quick key 2. If you are still unable to receive the system it is almost certainly a simulcast distortion problem. Also, check your squelch setting.

You can ignore that your display says BCD996XT on the boot up.

Got it working with your file! Thank you very much!

bailly2

Try programming the frequencies in convention non-trunked mode..if its always unlistenable then try surrounding the scanner antenna in aluminum foil except in the direction of one of the towers. Or clean out a paint can, carve a hole in the side and put the antenna in the hole, point the top of the can in the direction of one of the towers. Sorry if i dont see your reply, people can be really rude online.

Status
Not open for further replies.