Monmouth County Trunked Fire TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbomba

Premium Subscriber
Good evening, I have searched the site and I couldn't find an answer to my question so I figured I'd post here. I have the conventional VHF Monmouth County Fire frequencies programmed into my 536HP as well as the Monmouth County Public Safety Trunked sites programmed as well.

I live in Northern Monmouth County and routinely hear North Response (*and a bit of Central Response as well if conditions are right) on VHF. However I hear absolutely nothing on the trunked system.

Worth noting that I hear EMS on the trunked system all the time (*for example, the Long Branch / Asbury Park / Neptune TG comes in loud and clear).

This leads to to my question - Are the Fire talk groups on the Monmouth County trunked system active and in use - OR - is VHF the only thing Monmouth is using for Fire?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

**again, if this answer / topic has been posted elsewhere, apologies for the duplicate posts**

scannersnstuff

The only Monmouth trs fire talkgroup I do hear, is the lan, Asbury and neptune fire. According to the database, there are other fireground talkgroup's, but this is the only one I've heard active. Long Branch fire was supposed to join,but this has been tabled for now.

Interestingly, Millstone fire <district 32> has the capability to use the trs "south ems response" tg, because they provide first responder ems care.

With the exception of Asbury Park fire ems <83-21>,no other ems utilize's this talkgroup.

Last edited by a moderator:

scannersnstuff

With the exception of Asbury Park fire ems <83-21>,no other ems utilize's this talkgroup. - In respect to LAN.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
NCS Paging = North / Central / South paging. It'll simulcast the VHF paging channels (North/Central/South)

LAN Response = Neptune/Asbury Park use it for responding.
(Long Branch backed out of the Monmouth TRS by in large and went NJ ICS for PD / Continued using VHF Monmouth Cty for fire.)

EMS North/Central/South response are utilized more as more squads are using the TRS than fire.

As far as Monmouth County fire, no other agencies other than Neptune and Asbury are using the TRS.
To answer your question. No, the rest of the Monmouth Cty Fire TG's on the TRS are not utilized at this point.

Hopefully this clears it up.

Last edited:

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
It mostly comes down to funding. The county provided the radios for the EMS agencies to go to the TRS. They have not (yet) provided radios for Fire to switch over. I suspect that the county will have to build out the system more prior to trying to move fire operations over to the TRS as they have found the system to be full at times already.

scannersnstuff

Although I have no vested interest,since I'm moving out of state, I would like to see the fire go to the trs. There are time's that the vhf system is down right unreadable. I basically have not been able to listen to "south" because of the static. When the weather is rainy, "central" can even be a challenge.

If the decision was made to go trs fire, I'm sure there would be a few hold out's, unless it was mandated to switch.

mcradio72

Your main users of the TRS are PD agencies & EMS agencies at this time, however Asbury Park Fire & EMS along with Neptune Fire utilize the LAN Response TG. There are some Fire agencies utilizing the OPS channels with are your 700mhz channels not on the TRS as a replacement to their fireground channel.

As far as “being full” the system is far from that & is built out quite well throughout the area.

scannersnstuff

mcradio72 Is this what you are referring to ? . Any help as far as which agencies ?.

These are the 700 mhz tac. channel's. Supposedly all in digital mode.

mcradio72

As far as PD’s primarily any agency that is county dispatched with your exceptions being Freehold Twp & Borough, Sea Girt, Fair Haven, Asbury Park & Middletown these agencies have yet to migrate to the TRS & utilize their own VHF/UHF channel(s). Middletown PD, FD & EMS utilize their conventional system which was rebuilt prior to their switch to County Dispatch.

For EMS the same applies, any County Dispatched squad they’ll utilize the TRS (EMS North, Central, South) with the exception of Asbury Park FD EMS they utilize LAN.

At times you can hear MONOC ALS units on the TRS also, they have the ability to communicate with the local EMS both on the TRS & the conventional VHF Response channels.

scannersnstuff

mcradio72 . Been hearing rumbling's that several coastal town's in the Long Branch area are going to fire op's on the trs. Any help ? .

mcradio72

The 700mhz Fire OPS channels are not on the TRS/not a TG, as far as who would be making that transition that is not definite at this time. Freehold Twp has been heard utilizing the Fire OPS channels in their operations.

scannersnstuff

mcradio72. Thank you for the reply. The town's that got mentioned were Monmouth Beach,Sea Bright,Oceanport,Highlands,West Long Branch, and Long Branch.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Oceanport has been placed into a regional grant (for the 2nd time) to upgrade our radios to handle the TRS. I doubt we will get it but until then, Oceanport FD will not be operating on 700 MHZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.