Mono County

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfanger

Are the frequencies for Mono Country still valid? I programmed a scanner for a friend, and he said nothing worked. When he asked a local he was told they had rebanded in the last few months. I was just wondering how to verify that from too far away to monitor Mono myself. Any ideas would be great!

kma371

QRT
Are the frequencies for Mono Country still valid? I programmed a scanner for a friend, and he said nothing worked. When he asked a local he was told they had rebanded in the last few months. I was just wondering how to verify that from too far away to monitor Mono myself. Any ideas would be great!

Can you be specific about what in Mono County your asking is still valid? We haven't had much submitted for that area since its not very populated, so unless someone submits new info, we are stuck with what we have.

Narrowbanding wouldn't have much to do with it either since most of the public safety is VHF and narrowbanding isn't a requirement in that band.

The Sheriff's Office freqs appear to be good based on licenses still being valid.

oracavon

Narrowbanding doesn't apply to VHF low, but it is required for VHF high, which is what is listed in the DB for Mono County. However, narrowbanding won't prevent reception. I have no problem listening to narrowbanded channels (in another county), even on my old crystal scanners. The volume is lower, but that's about it. Reception is the same otherwise.

The OP actually mentioned "rebanding", which applies to public safety 800 MHz trunked systems. But unless some agency in Mono County installed one of those since the last DB update, then rebanding wouldn't apply, either.

I think we're going to need to hear from someone in Mono County to know what's currently in use there.

jrholm

The other thing is there is very very little traffic in Mono County, pretty quiet county.

Status
Not open for further replies.