Monongalia Co. Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Anyone catch the DHS traffic on TG 9701?

RIDs:

Edit:
Also, the RIDs showed up on TG 9189 earlier with the additional RIDs:

Sounds like they're traveling East on I68 with at least 1 trailer. Sounds like they are maybe traveling to Berkeley or Morgan.

Listening to the audio, there was mention of them being outside Fairmont then later Chapel Hill and "Clark City". Listening more, I caught them clearing the Star City garage at 18:45.

Last edited:

MOTOROLANUT

Wv dhs

Yes I caught the traffic earlier, along with the wv fire marshal traffic, both were stopped at a multiple vehicle signal 6 around the 105 mile marker I-79. They talked about the icey roads and motorists being upset with DOH again.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yes I caught the traffic earlier, along with the wv fire marshal traffic, both were stopped at a multiple vehicle signal 6 around the 105 mile marker I-79. They talked about the icey roads and motorists being upset with DOH again.

What do people expect from DoH? It's snowing like crazy. I cleared off a very small section of the driveway for the dogs and when I turned around, it was covered again. Snow like this, people need to stay home.

MOTOROLANUT

Doh

Thanks to our Governor....Who has cut DOH budgets deeply....WV DOH only salts I-79 around this area
everyone else is SOL...and I mean SOL too...People are really pissed off at DOH lackluster performance this winter....

dwlyons

Yea, but lets keep funding those liberal, feel good programs.

The governor instituted a state of emergency. Good move, only it was to late.

Was this "storm" a surprise to anyone, except the governor and his advisors? VA implemented a "SOE" 24 hrs prior to WV.

In so far as Berkeley and Jefferson Co's, they had to truck Humvees in from Clarksburg and as a result of the failure of the governor's DHS poor logistical preparation, they were not arriving in the area until after the worst of the storm was here. In addition, it appears the majority of the humvee operators are unfamiliar with the area, just adding to the total disarray created by the storm.

Yes DOH was totally unprepared, not due to the driver's efforts, but due to management's failures again. Mr. Maddox, the governor's right hand man needs to be canned.

The WV INOP System has revealed major flaws. The WV DHS appears to have been excluded from the plan. The WV National Guard should have been encompassed in the system as they are the core to this plan and they have no comm that interacts.

I would say the de-brief will involve some major finger pointing.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Yea, but lets keep funding those liberal, feel good programs.

The governor instituted a state of emergency. Good move, only it was to late.

Was this "storm" a surprise to anyone, except the governor and his advisors? VA implemented a "SOE" 24 hrs prior to WV.

In so far as Berkeley and Jefferson Co's, they had to truck Humvees in from Clarksburg and as a result of the failure of the governor's DHS poor logistical preparation, they were not arriving in the area until after the worst of the storm was here. In addition, it appears the majority of the humvee operators are unfamiliar with the area, just adding to the total disarray created by the storm.

Yes DOH was totally unprepared, not due to the driver's efforts, but due to management's failures again. Mr. Maddox, the governor's right hand man needs to be canned.

The WV INOP System has revealed major flaws. The WV DHS appears to have been excluded from the plan. The WV National Guard should have been encompassed in the system as they are the core to this plan and they have no comm that interacts.

I would say the de-brief will involve some major finger pointing.

Yep. When I heard VA had declared a State Of Emergency. I figured WV would be right behind them. Also, you correct in they should have already been here. What I was hearing on TG 9701, I think the National Guard was running state portables. Anyone know where to find the National Guard comms?

WvuDmac

Hi, I am new to the site and was wondering if there is a way to listen to Mon county frequencies online like you can with Preston county on this site. It says Mon. is available but appear to be "offline".

Thanks.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am new to the site and was wondering if there is a way to listen to Mon county frequencies online like you can with Preston county on this site. It says Mon. is available but appear to be "offline".

Thanks.

Yes, you can once the stream's back up. There are other options like ProScan (don't think there's a stream for Mon Co, though) and there used to be some scanner streams using TeamSpeak. Or, you could invest in a scanner yourself and listen to whatever you want (unless it's encrypted or in a mode you're scanner can't receive) whenever you want or where ever you travel to. Before you purchase anything, make sure you know what kind of scanner you will need for what you are wanting to listen to.

WvuDmac

Oh..Ok so it is just down. Any way to tell when it will be restored? I am a broke student or I would go out and buy one just to hear this weekend's craziness. I am sure it has been entertaining to say the least.

jaybotoo

DHS (DMAPS) and the National Guard are both on the WVIRP.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
DHS (DMAPS) and the National Guard are both on the WVIRP.

Yeah, they are listed in the RRDB and on the state plan for the radio system (also lists FBI, FEMA, and others). I think what dwlyons was getting at was they weren't utilizing the WVIRP the way it was (hopefully) intended. They should have been in place a way to have whatever radio system or freq the National Guard operates to be patched to the WVIRP. That would have been perfect. Have the National Guard use what radios they have in the Hummers, patch it to a TAC channel.

wannabace

While listening to this I heard someone telling another person that they were talking on RRT 1 and then someone corrected him and sait is was RRT Alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.