Monongalia County Fire TAC 3 and Private Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigTLC87

Anyone know how to pick up TAC 3 or other "Private Channels" for Mon County Fire. I have all of the Dispatch and other channels listed on RR and still not hearing anything.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks.

MOTOROLANUT

Mon Fire

Are you listening to the P25 Digital Trunking WVIRP system? Or the old legacy VHF high band channels.
Mon county is around 99.9% WVIRP now. Chances are they are on a WVIRP PTAC, FTAC or private talkgoup, thats why you are not hearing them.

BigTLC87

Yeah, I'm listening to the P25 WVIRP Digital System on my Radio Shack Pro-106. I have all of the talkgroups programed in and each of the trunking channels as seperate channels in case I don't have all talkgroup DEC codes.

Are the PTAC and FTAC private channels? Should I have them set as "Group" or "Private" in the list, or should I add each channel and talkgroup twice with one "Group" and one "Private"?

BigTLC87

I was looking through the operator manual today and saw the "Wildcard" function which will search all Talkgroup IDs in my Talksystem. I added both a Group Wildcard and a Private Wildcard, so I might be able to pick up the ones not listed now. I've already picked up a few Talkgroup Group IDs not listed on RR, so hopefully I can pick up some Private IDs next time the PD or FD goes to Private.

Thanks for your help MOTOROLANUT.

Anyone please let me know if they catch the TGIDs of Monongalia County Fire TAC 3 or TAC 4 though...

MOTOROLANUT

Motown

Glad to help Big, Usually when a major event happens LE or Fire switches over to PTAC or FTAC's to free up the dispatch channels, the private talkgroups listed for fire departments are for daily truck to truck or ambulance to ambulance BS type chit chat. Harrco operates this way always and I am sure Mecca does as well.

BigTLC87

Yeah, that's how Mecca works too. There have been a lot of events happening with all of the snow and such, (mostly wrecks and downed power lines), and the FDs have been switching to TAC 3 to not tie up the dispatch channels and I wasn't able to pick them up. So these Wildcard settings might do the trick. I'll have to listen next time they move to TAC 3.

Last edited:

BigTLC87

Yeah, so those Wildcards I made found the frequencies. They were IDs that I didn't have, and the Private channels were also IDs I didn't have. A lot of the traffic on the Private channels is just general conversation stuff. I'm glad I found them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.